New TR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TR3

See all the specs here: https://www.carecure.net/forum/showp...7&postcount=44

Main differences new vs. old:
    85 v. 80
    11" V front v. 13" tapered
    25" v. 24" rear wheels
    5" v. 4" casters
    +3/4" v. +1" frame
    20" v. 19.5 fsf

I had the chair sent to ADI and had their brakes installed.

Unfortunately they made a mistake on my projection hand-rims, so they are not on yet in the pictures. I only sat in the chair about 10-15 minutes thus far. Te CAD shows a COG of 2.5" but I had it changed to 2.25 before they sent it out.

In contrast to my TR...

C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Congrats!! I'm very strongly considering the TR for my next chair.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

SWEET! Love the tighter front end!
      There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Comment

You're looking healthy, man!

The new chair is nice! You look comfortable in it.

I see you have new speakers since the older photos as well. Nice ribbon tweets.

Comment

Congrats, Brian! Looks great and the fit looks spot on. Look forward to reading your detailed review.

One small niggle: The TiLite frame guards are already looking a little squishy. Nature of that beast. I really like the stitched-up guards that Oracing uses. They look great and I suspect they remain in place better.
          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

That chair looks good on you, man! The fit looks well dialed-in. Your hard work shows, and I hope the change in specs really works for you.

Comment

The frame guards are squishy because of the Frog Leg forks. I have a TR2 with Frog Leg forks and impact guards, and it does the same thing.

The chair is obviously custom, but I don't think the impact guards are.

Brian, your chair looks great.
              Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Thanks all. I concur Essie. NorthQuad, are you calling me fat?

I agree that TiLite's guards leave a lot to be desired. I really like those that you posted Stephen, but the question is, will they fit the smaller tubing of a TR. The reason they are already looking squishy is because it came with a leg strap but I already ditched it...we'll see how long the guards last before they go.

Comment

Congratulations Brian! Know you put a LOT of thought into your TR replacement. Leg stance looks particularly comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
                    I see you have new speakers since the older photos as well. Nice ribbon tweets.
                    Indeed and those RAAL ribbon tweets are amazing!!

Comment

Actually, now that I think of it, anyone think Oracing can sell impact guards that would fit TR tubing? I would totally buy their impact guards as an aftermarket thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post

I agree that TiLite's guards leave a lot to be desired. I really like those that you posted Stephen, but the question is, will they fit the smaller tubing of a TR. The reason they are already looking squishy is because it came with a leg strap but I already ditched it...we'll see how long the guards last before they go.
                        Oracing doesn't sell the frame guards and the ones I've seen pictured on their chairs all have larger diameter tubing than the 1" tubing of the TR3.

You'd have to source out a steering wheel cover supplier (like these folks) and order something in Size A and find someone who's good with a needle and thread. It would look great and more importantly I think it would accomplish what TiLite's frame protectors likely won't -- protecting the frame.
                        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaiale View Post
                          Actually, now that I think of it, anyone think Oracing can sell impact guards that would fit TR tubing? I would totally buy their impact guards as an aftermarket thing.
                          I inquired. Oracing does not offer it as an aftermarket product -- they're sewn on at the factory.

To get something like it you'll have to explore steering wheel cover suppliers like the one I linked to above.
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Ah well. I may just do that--it looks so much better than something obviously to keep the chair getting scratched and knocked around.

Comment

Humm, a business opportunity for someone...although I don't see riches in the future.

Nofuss: I too liked the way my legs are, they are also up a bit higher, 1/4", than in my current chair; I have wondered at times if my legs are too low in my current chair, but I have been comfortable so I have left it alone, time will tell if I need to lower them in the new.

Here is a picture that Todd @ ADI sent me, where they had one of their hard backs on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X