Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber tube

Hey guys,
    I have emotion m15s on my reinforced ti aero z. I will sell the m15s soon including brackets and want to put spinergies on. What do I need to do in order to put spinergies on? Do I need to purchase a new camber tube? If so can I order online or through dme? Thanks
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

The M15 means you can only use 0 (zero) camber. If you want to keep the wheels at 0 you are fine. If you want to change it than the camber will need to be replaced.

I am assuming your chair came with standard wheels, correct?
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Mac85 View Post
      . . .can I order online or through dme? Thanks
      either. Online, you'll need to deal with a wheelchair vendor like Sportaid. You'll need to provide your chair's serial number. TiLite will not sell to users.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
        The M15 means you can only use 0 (zero) camber. If you want to keep the wheels at 0 you are fine. If you want to change it than the camber will need to be replaced.

I am assuming your chair came with standard wheels, correct?
        yes, my chair came with standard wheels but once the brackets come off there are holes in camber tubes

Comment

is the m15 camber tube thicker than the standard one?

Comment

My camber tube looks thicker than the usual camber tubes on other wheelchairs, Since I Just bought the ZX1 I am wondering if I should just take the old emotion brackets off and buy a regular size Camber tube.
            By the way my wheelchair width is 19 inches x 18

Comment

Congrats on the ZX1. Have you received a shipping date yet?

Sorry I can't help you on your questions though.
              Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

My camber tube looks thicker than the usual camber tubes on other wheelchairs...
                Measure it.
                I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Yes. TiLite provides a "blank" aluminum camber tube when the power adaptable frame is ordered on Z series rigid frames that uses thicker walled tubing and does not have camber plugs. E-motion installs an adapter inside the tube for the M-15 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                    Yes. TiLite provides a "blank" aluminum camber tube when the power adaptable frame is ordered on Z series rigid frames that uses thicker walled tubing and does not have camber plugs. E-motion installs an adapter inside the tube for the M-15 wheels.
                    A customer of mine ordered a ZR along with a SmartDrive, which we noted to TiLite when the order was submitted. The SmartDrive also requires the Power Adaptable Frame and thus the selection of an aluminum camber tube. The camber tube in this instance was not "blank" -- it had camber plugs.

There have been instances of carbon fiber camber tubes cracking as a result of over-tightening the SmartDrive mounting clamp, NOT because of the force generated by the SmartDrive. Generally speaking, carbon fiber does not like to be clamped or drilled through.

The guy demoing the SD at the Abilities Expo, pictured below, had a cracked cf tube on this TR3 (he wasn't using the Top End chair seen in the pic). He was still using the cf tube!

stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Is it the same outside diameter? I ask because it is a tight fit getting the standard camber tubes through the hangers. It helps to slip a screwdriver in the slot and open them up a little.
                      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                        ...There have been instances of carbon fiber camber tubes cracking as a result of over-tightening the SmartDrive mounting clamp, NOT because of the force generated by the SmartDrive....
                        I broke my SmartDrive clamp over-tightening it on what I was told is a titanium (Tilite) camber tube. The tube looks perfect. But the drive probably won't work on that chair for other reasons.

Comment

My camber tube looks thicker than the usual camber tubes on other wheelchairs, Since I Just bought the ZX1 I am wondering if I should just take the old emotion brackets off and buy a regular size Camber tube.
                          By the way my wheelchair width is 19 inches x 18
                          This is what the TiLite Power Adaptable Camber Tube looks like. No camber plugs are provided.

It is basically a semi-finished length of aluminum tubing that has the same outer diameter as other TiLite camber tubes, but has thicker walls...

The E-Motion adapters and brackets are clamped onto each end of the tube...

Regular camber plugs can not be installed in this type of camber tube.

TiLite developed this option when E-Fix and E-Motion wheels were the only options for adding power to a TiLite chair. Now that there are additional power options like the SmartDrive and ZX-1, that is no longer the case. If you are told you need to order a power adaptable frame but you intend to use one of the other products, make sure TiLite knows which one you intend to use. Otherwise, you may have to buy another camber tube before you will be able to use your new chair.

Comment

The way those pics look your gonna need a new camber tube, when I purchased a Ti-Lite camber tube I believe it was around 125.00 from a DME. I talked to Mac earlier I think he gets the ZX-1 tomorrow.

Comment

This is what the TiLite Power Adaptable Camber Tube looks like. No camber plugs are provided.

It is basically a semi-finished length of aluminum tubing that has the same outer diameter as other TiLite camber tubes, but has thicker walls...

The E-Motion adapters and brackets are clamped onto each end of the tube...

Regular camber plugs can not be installed in this type of camber tube.

TiLite developed this option when E-Fix and E-Motion wheels were the only options for adding power to a TiLite chair. Now that there are additional power options like the SmartDrive and ZX-1, that is no longer the case. If you are told you need to order a power adaptable frame but you intend to use one of the other products, make sure TiLite knows which one you intend to use. Otherwise, you may have to buy another camber tube before you will be able to use your new chair.
                              thanks SCI OTR You are always a big help on the forum, I will have to order a new camber tube to probably from Sportaid

Comment

Working...
                              X