No announcement yet.

Firefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got her running, took her for a spin, fun fun fun! haha, it was sweet! Burned a rubber streak on my front room tile floor. I love it, gonna take an extended cruise manana. Thanks all for your help.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Congratunlations! Have fun.
      Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Thanks elarson. Do you know how to reset the display's distance and time? I just keep adding on more of both each time I ride.

Originally posted by elarson View Post
        Congratunlations! Have fun.

Thanks!

Comment

I have no idea @rdf. In fact, I had a hard time turning it on today, and thought I had totally drained the battery empty, because the charger plug had fallen out. From what I have found, all of the parts are sourced in Asia, and I've had a hard time finding information about any of them, including the trip computer. If you find out anything let me know, and I will do the same.
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
            Thanks elarson. Do you know how to reset the display's distance and time? I just keep adding on more of both each time I ride.
            I don't think you can reset the ODO (similar to a car, it records the total distance driven, and can't be reset). But you can reset the Trip (distance and time). I will need to ask my son tonight how he does it, as I haven't worked it out (far too challenging for a mid-40s father, but simple for a 10 year old apparently!).

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!
            Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

@rdf -- I found the documentation that was sent with our Firefly from last year for the computer. It looks different that what I see on the website now for the computer, but maybe it will help. Here is a picture of ours, so you can see if it is the same:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	P6301883-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	2657445

On our's, it does appear you can change the Trip Distance and Single Trip Time, but I have not yet used it. Here is a link to the scanned documentation: Rio Mobility Firefly Computer

I would recommend that anyone with a Firefly takes pictures of their components. They seem to change quite often and it's a good way to know what you are dealing with relative to what is on the website.

They also changed the wheel from 16" to 12" since we got ours. I'd be curious if your's is the the 12", and how you find it. My guess is that it is more maneuverable and easier to steer, along with being out of the way of your feet more.

Originally posted by rdf View Post
              Do you know how to reset the display's distance and time?
              Last edited by elarson; 29 Apr 2014, 6:09 AM. Reason: Fixed image

Comment

Thanks Gordy. elarson, yes, I have the same unit. Glanced over the pdf but didn't spot clearing the history. I'll have to read it more closely. I didn't get that document.

My wheel is 12", but 16" with tire mounted. It doesn't hit my feet. I'll try to have someone take a pic soon while I'm on it.

Thanks!

Comment

Well my son wasn't much help...he claims he doesn't know how to reset the Trip distance either! (Not sure how the Trip distance differs so much from the Odometer distance in that case!).

I will try and have a better look myself....
                  Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

Heard from one of the owners today. Here's what he had to say:

Hi. I bought a Firefly recently and have spoken with Bart a few times. I finally got it dialed in and love it. My question is how do I reset the display for time and distance? Is that possible? Thanks!

-Bob
                    Hi Bob,

I am glad you are enjoying the Firefly. I don't remember how to do that, and the instructions are not totally clear. Unforunately we have sold all off that model so I don't have one to look at.

I will try to get in touch with someone with one to find out.

Bart

Thanks!

Comment

RDF,
                      Finally worked it out. Hold both the up and down buttons for a few seconds, until the trip numbers start to flash, then press the on/off button. Resets both the trip mileage and time, but leaves the odometer (and associated total time) intact.
                      But you've probably worked that out yourself already!

Comment

I just saw this video and can't help but wonder if maybe it is totoL1 with a Firefly (the video is not clear enough to see) https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...baffles-police

Comment

I don't know either the cars are really slow or that guy has one amped up Firefly, i know I can go FAST but not sure it is that quick
                          Yes always stay in the bike lane at least and off the busy road
                          I do love my Firefly though, 1800 miles in just about a year

Comment

The next Generation Firefly is a great product. It attaches a lot easier and faster and is very solid. I have sold several Firefly's at Indemedical.com. A couple of Care cure members on here have purchased from me. Who knows you might receive a post from one of them. On how much they like their units. Good luck with your search.

Comment

if your a para great I am a quad no good forme

Comment

Firefly died....

It is a sad day in our house...my son's Firefly has finally come to the end of its life...the wiring to the hub motor as it enters the axle has sheared as the axle bolts loosened allowing the axle to rotate. I can't re-connect the wiring as the broken wires are within the axle. It's not the first time that those bolts have loosened, despite my best efforts to tighten and glue then fairly regularly, but it's the first time that any wires have been damaged.

I knew that we'd need to replace the Firefly at some point, as it has been used almost daily for over three and a half years. By far the best investment that we've made for mobility equipment. I looked into getting a new one a couple of months ago, but the new connection system design isn't compatible with an Icon. Apparently Rio is designing another connection that will suit a horizontal member but it doesn't exist yet. I do like the way the new version works, so would like to wait until the new connection exists, rather than getting another of the older designs.

In the meantime, my son will need to make do with his Freewheel....
                                Last edited by Gordy1; 31 Jul 2016, 1:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X