Firefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elarson View Post
    That mount looks totally different than the one posted on FB a few weeks ago Oracing RR, 45km autonomía y fabricada en ALU7020.

It looks heaver, but that's hard to tell from pictures. What's with the small casters -- is that to protect it when off?

Is a new product, so is in constatly renovation until they think everything is ok.

Is not much heavier, remember is made in aluminium, just stainless steal where gets attached, is around 13 kg everything.

The casters is for protect it when is off and for protect the floor of your house too

And probably will be more improvements with new evolutions.

Comment

I have a friend who uses his firefly all the time and loves it. I have a dragonfly and am using it more and more

Comment

I have a Tilite ZRA. I tried to put on the clamps today, but it states they need to be at least 3" apart and at least 1/8" away from any welds or bends in the tubing. My TiLite doesn't have 3" of straight tubing between the clamps were I to put them on.

At RioMobility's website, I did find this video where this gal put her clamps right on the bend of the frame tubing. I'd have to do something like that, though not as severe as she has her clamps.

If I put the bottom clamps beneath the tubing to the caster, then I might have close to 3" to put on the upper clamps, but it'll be tight. Like this guy did with the lower clamps. But the bend in my chair is much lower than his for the upper clamps.

Any ideas or advice or experience is appreciated! Am I being too anal and should just put the clamps on where I can, or what? Don't want to mess up either the chair or the Firefly.

I know the user manual is outdated, the RioMobility guy told me so yesterday. No help today, being Easter and all. I don't want to wait, so if anybody has put their clamps in non-user manual positions and it's all good, let me know please! Thanks

-Bob
        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats on getting your Firefly. I am hoping to get a Dragonfly soon.

Could you post a pic of your chair?
          Chas
          TiLite TR3
          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
          <
          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Thanks bro, the owner just called me. He said I could do it like the fella in the second video above in my post. He said lots of people do it that way. It'll fit, I just double checked. I'll give it a try again tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. He said the woman shouldn't have her upper clamps mounted on the bend as it will damage the tubing. That's my only worry, keeping the frame/tubing integrity.
            Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
            Congrats on getting your Firefly. I am hoping to get a Dragonfly soon.

Could you post a pic of your chair?

Thanks!

Comment

We also did not have a lot of room on a ZRA, especially because there is an extra rigidizer bar for flip-up footrests. From the bottom of the bottom bracket to the top of the top bracket is 5", with 2.5" between the brackets. I've attached a picture in case that helps.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 04 19_3421 - Copy.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	2657397
              Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Thanks elarson. Did you use a torque wrench or just tightened the clamps by feel. My torque didn't make the move down with me, that I can find.
                We also did not have a lot of room on a ZRA, especially because there is an extra rigidizer bar for flip-up footrests. From the bottom of the bottom bracket to the top of the top bracket is 5", with 2.5" between the brackets. I've attached a picture in case that helps.
                [ATTACH]54747[/ATTACH]

Thanks!

Comment

We did them by hand and they appear to stay quite tight.

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                  Thanks elarson. Did you use a torque wrench or just tightened the clamps by feel. My torque didn't make the move down with me, that I can find.
                  Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Found some good spots for the clamps, just getting to it again. The throttle is on the left side and you move it counter clockwise? That's how it came and different than any motorbike I've ridden. Looks like you can adjust about anything, except getting the throttle on the right hand side and moving clockwise to accelerate. The manual is way out of date to say the least. Elarson, did yours arrive this way? Thanks for your responses, much appreciated.

We did them by hand and they appear to stay quite tight.
                    eta: I think it was put together wrong by someone at bike-on, the whole thing is partly back asswards now that I study it more.
                    Last edited by rdf; 04-20-2014, 07:52 PM.

Thanks!

Comment

Gonna have to switch things around, take the brake cables off and flip the brake lever on the throttle side 180 degrees while moving it to the right side. There's a lot of work needed on this before I can get on it. I think it was put together wrong at bike-on. Guess I'll wait til I can talk to bike-on or Rio.

Thanks!

Comment

RM Firefly Users Manual shows throttle on the right:

Name:	Firefly controls.JPG
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	2657410
                        I'd be pissed (and counting to ten)
                        Chas
                        TiLite TR3
                        Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                        <
                        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Looks like I can take the top of the handlebars off by unscrewing 4 hex nuts, then turn it around and put it back on. Will have to restring or reroute all the cables. There are other problems too, someone wasn't paying attention.

Thanks!

Comment

Ours came shipped with the throttle on the left also. I think they did it that way for shipping. This had me really perplexed also, especially because my husband can not use his left hand.

If I remember correctly, I was able to loosen the Top Tube Clamp (4 hex nuts) and flip it vertically and rotate the entire handlebar assembly, without taking off any cables.

It should look like this picture from their website:

Name:	wheelchair-alternative.jpg
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	2657411

Looks like I can take the top of the handlebars off by unscrewing 4 hex nuts, then turn it around and put it back on. Will have to restring or reroute all the cables. There are other problems too, someone wasn't paying attention.

Comment

Talked with Bart at Rio, he said the manual is outdated and the pics don't match the model I have for some parts. He said just do what I need to do, and he'll cover me. So I am and should be good to go soon. Thanks elarson for your help once again.

Thanks!

Comment

Good luck rdf. I hope you can get it up and running soon. Overall, I have found the folks at RioMobility very helpful, and I think you can trust that they will cover you. Keep us posted.

Talked with Bart at Rio, he said the manual is outdated and the pics don't match the model I have for some parts. He said just do what I need to do, and he'll cover me. So I am and should be good to go soon. Thanks elarson for your help once again.

Comment

Working...
                                X