Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    toto,

Have you already performed the modification described on page 18 of your User's Manual?

http://www.riomobility.com/en/firefly/usermanual.pdf

I'm used to seeing nothing but disclaimers and liability warnings in a User's Manual! Coming across something like that was a first.
    I didn`t have read this post, of course the speed limit is disconnected, but i didn`t read the manual, i have done it just know, the guy of the bike shop did it because after my first ride with the firefly i told him that i liked it, but was to slow and he did it, once the speed limit was disconnected and i went for another ride and i bought it lol.

BTW, the firefly clamps remembered me one pic you posted showing how your frame was protected in your travels, was something like this, but protecting with your some kind of hand handles you made i think.
    Last edited by totoL1; 26 Oct 2012, 9:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gcblarsen View Post
      . I'm wondering if it would be better to get the firefly or the freewheel. Unsure which would be better going through desert terrain, handling curbs and hills. Her hands wouldn't get as dirty with the firefly, but doesn't seem as portable as the freewheel and not sure the firefly is really made to work in that type of terrain.
      I would not try to cross a desert with my firefly, perhaps you have more luck with the freewheel, i don`t know.
      Each one of us have our own needs depending on where we live, weather, etc.
      Me for example, i live in a town,with a good weather(probably something like California) and i was planing to buy a freewheel, but now i`m happy that i didn`t spend the money in the freewheel and i have bought the firefly, i don`t have to push my wheelchair for go uphills, i don`t have to take the car if i want to go anywhere around 3-4 milles(even more) from my house, so i`m really happy with this toy.

But i repeat, maybe what is good for me, isn`t for others.

Comment

I'm hoping Toto, Gordy or someone else with a Firefly can help us out. We need to either buy a new charger for 230 volt or hopefully just a European power plug for the Firefly. I've looked through the Firefly Owners Manual, and don't see the exact brand and model # for the 24V 10Ah Lithium Polymer battery or the charger. Would you mind taking a look at your battery and charger and let me know the brand and model #'s?

Many thanks.

24V 10Ah Lithium Polymer battery
        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
          I'm hoping Toto, Gordy or someone else with a Firefly can help us out. We need to either buy a new charger for 230 volt or hopefully just a European power plug for the Firefly. I've looked through the Firefly Owners Manual, and don't see the exact brand and model # for the 24V 10Ah Lithium Polymer battery or the charger. Would you mind taking a look at your battery and charger and let me know the brand and model #'s?

Many thanks.

24V 10Ah Lithium Polymer battery
          You should be able to fit a European plug to the charger...I fitted an Australian plug to it...we've got 240v here. And yes, I did check the charger rating first (input range is 100-240v).
          Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks.
            Originally posted by Gordy1 View Post
            You should be able to fit a European plug to the charger...I fitted an Australian plug to it...we've got 240v here. And yes, I did check the charger rating first (input range is 100-240v).
            Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

It looks like the voltage will fit, but see if you can replace the part of the cable that goes from the charger to the wall with a European version. Then you have an American one for holidays. If it doesn't unplug at the charger side, you may have to use an adapter plug, which is not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by amyk View Post
                It looks like the voltage will fit, but see if you can replace the part of the cable that goes from the charger to the wall with a European version. Then you have an American one for holidays. If it doesn't unplug at the charger side, you may have to use an adapter plug, which is not ideal.
                You could replace the cable, it does unplug (although it is a 3 pin, rather than the 2 pin ones that all of my other chargers seem to have).
                Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

I have a bunch of 3 pin plugs from PCs. I don't know what you call them, but it sounds like they will work.

Comment

There is also a company in Spain that does good quality alternative to the firefly. Check them out.
                    http://www.batec-mobility.com/ehandbike.htm

Oscar, their main sales person is a person I met at step by step (project walk in Spain), and he is a top guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by ckhouri View Post
                      There is also a company in Spain that does good quality alternative to the firefly. Check them out.
                      http://www.batec-mobility.com/ehandbike.htm

Oscar, their main sales person is a person I met at step by step (project walk in Spain), and he is a top guy!!

I don`t like their attachment sistem to the chair, you have to ad an extra underseat crossbar attached to the frame with clamps, that clamps come with their own brakes, so you can`t use scissors brakes for example, look at the pic of the guy in their web, and they don`t show you in their web what i`m speaking about so much guys get a surprise after adding around 3 lbs to their ultralight chairs only in that.

I`ve got a friend who have it, when i can i will take a pic of what you have to were under your seat for attach a batec.

I know Oscar, and Pau (the boss) great guys, but i think they will have to be more clear in their web and speak about what you have to put in your wheelchair if you want a battec, this way nobody will get surprises after...

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                        I don`t like their attachment sistem to the chair, you have to ad an extra underseat crossbar attached to the frame with clamps, that clamps come with their own brakes, so you can`t use scissors brakes for example, look at the pic of the guy in their web, and they don`t show you in their web what i`m speaking about so much guys get a surprise after adding around 3 lbs to their ultralight chairs only in that.

I`ve got a friend who have it, when i can i will take a pic of what you have to were under your seat for attach a batec.

I know Oscar, and Pau (the boss) great guys, but i think they will have to be more clear in their web and speak about what you have to put in your wheelchair if you want a battec, this way nobody will get surprises after...
                        Yes, I was trying to see what needed to be fitted to the chair, but their website seems to avoid showing that detail in any of its (many) photos!

Comment

Yes, I was trying to see what needed to be fitted to the chair, but their website seems to avoid showing that detail in any of its (many) photos!
                          Dosen`t mind if you have a folding chair or rigid, the sistem is the same, i will try to take a pic of the chair of my friend when i can and post it here.

Comment

I find that for most of the attachments the companies are not good about showing what has to be on the chair or the weight. I spent hours scouring photo's and video's, and it would be nice if they were all better about posting it.

In my opinion, the FireFly has one of the lightest weight mounts for parts that need to be left on the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
                              I find that for most of the attachments the companies are not good about showing what has to be on the chair or the weight. I spent hours scouring photo's and video's, and it would be nice if they were all better about posting it.

In my opinion, the FireFly has one of the lightest weight mounts for parts that need to be left on the chair.

The firefly has the lightest weight mounts of the market together with the Oracing RR in the video you can see how fix to the chair.

Comment

That mount looks totally different than the one posted on FB a few weeks ago Oracing RR, 45km autonomía y fabricada en ALU7020.

It looks heaver, but that's hard to tell from pictures. What's with the small casters -- is that to protect it when off?

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                                The firefly has the lightest weight mounts of the market together with the Oracing RR in the video you can see how fix to the chair.

Comment

Working...
                                X