No announcement yet.

SmartDrive Power Assist Device from MAX Mobility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Like the Price has come down a couple hundred $ for the New Smart Drive Power assist with Living Spinal You can now get it for $5995.00 plus free shipping. http://www.livingspinal.com/SmartDri...smartdrive.htm

This product is truly amazing, by far one of the most innovative new products for manual wheelchair users.

Comment

We added the SmartDrive to the Bike-On.com website this morning!

$5480.00 including shipping.
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

This will get somebody's attention. I saw it listed here: http://www.indemedical.com/ as ..."0 Review(s) Your Price: $3,295.00" yesterday still today.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Not fully understanding the modularity, I have to wonder how easy it is to detach the battery portion. Batteries are heavy and I would want to remove it when not using.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
            The combined weight of the system is only 19 lbs. Took me about a minute to put on/take off the battery pack and drive unit from my chair and I could stow both in front of the passenger seat of my Honda Accord (and I put my frame on top of the seat).
            I guess this answers my question. Still would be nice to see a video of the entire process (including the battery pack) of getting it in/out of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Axle View Post
              I guess this answers my question. Still would be nice to see a video of the entire process (including the battery pack) of getting it in/out of a car.
              Seeing that the demo unit I have is for my clinic, and that the weather here is nothing close to Orange County, California, don't get your hopes up!

Comment

I am not suggesting a personal demo. Am I misunderstanding your response?

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
                  This will get somebody's attention. I saw it listed here: http://www.indemedical.com/ as ..."0 Review(s) Your Price: $3,295.00" yesterday still today.
                  It definitely did get someone's attention. According to the president of Max Mobility, the maker of the SmartDrive, the price "must be a mistake." Quite a big one.

If it's too good to be true. . .
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Axle View Post
                    I am not suggesting a personal demo. Am I misunderstanding your response?
                    Yes, you're misunderstanding. SCI_OTR is saying that it's too cold outside for him (boo hoo!) to go outside and make a video demonstration. He'd rather stay indoors showing off his awesome photoshop markup skills and coming up with new wheelchair dimension specs that have eluded mere mortal OTs for decades.

Where's the commitment, I ask you?
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                      Yes, you're misunderstanding. SCI_OTR is saying that it's too cold outside for him (boo hoo!) to go outside and make a video demonstration. He'd rather stay indoors showing off his awesome photoshop markup skills and coming up with new wheelchair dimension specs that have eluded mere mortal OTs for decades.

Where's the commitment, I ask you?
                      Thanks. Now I get it. I'll just have to wait for a warmer day, or maybe... a garage.

Comment

He'd rather stay indoors showing off his awesome photoshop markup skills and coming up with new wheelchair dimension specs that have eluded mere mortal OTs for decades.
                        I am completely misunderstood. My true passion is making life easier for the online retailers!

Nothing would please me more than helping to create for them a customer base that is so informed that their sales reps hardly have to work for their commissions...
                        Would you like a CAD with your quote?

When I send you your quote, just let me know if everything's accurate and I'll go ahead and place your order.

Those specs should make for an awesome chair!

CareCure? Oh yes, I've heard of it.

In fact, I post there myself all the time!

It's all about making life for them a little bit easier.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                          I am completely misunderstood. My true passion is making life easier for the online retailers!

Nothing would please me more than helping to create for them a customer base that is so informed that their sales reps hardly have to work for their commissions...

It's all about making life for them a little bit easier.
                          Your place in The Wheelchair Hall of Fame is assured (urine sample tests pending).
                          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Your place in The Wheelchair Hall of Fame is assured (urine sample tests pending).
                            His pee could be as hot as the water table at Chernobyl, and he'd still get my vote!
                            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

So I had a chance to try it out recently, but unfortunately I really didn't get enough time with it to form a balanced opinion.

At minimum, I can confirm it is available in Canada, and that the pricing is similar to the USA. (which if you are Canadian, you will appreciate)

Comment

I tried one out recently too, but also didn't play with it enough to form a balanced opinion. It was a whole lot of fun zipping around the lab with it though.

I found the whole "press down the button to go fast" mode awkward because if your hand is on the button, they aren't both on the handrims, which means you can't really steer until you let go of the button.

Comment

Working...
                                X