SmartDrive Power Assist Device from MAX Mobility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmartDrive Power Assist Device from MAX Mobility

I have no firsthand experience with this product yet, but it will no doubt be getting some attention in this forum during the coming months.

The SmartDrive Power Assist can be attached to any manufacturer's rigid frame having a 1.25" OD camber tube. It weighs only 19 lbs (Drive Unit: 11 lbs./Battery: 8 lbs.).

It is produced by MAX Mobility--the same company that developed the FlexRim.

While it has some qualities that remind me of other power assist add ons, it appears to be a distinctly different product.

The MSRP for the SmartDrive appears to be ~$6,900, but it is already available online through Living Spinal for $6,450..Will it be a "game changer"? Time will tell. In the meantime, we can speculate about it here.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 09-17-2012, 06:53 PM.

its va approved already, that's russell rodriguez, works darn good........it's everything u see.....

Comment

Sweet! I want one!
      Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

This is interesting!! Thank you for the up-date on the new gadget SCI_OTR.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

lol.....how he get it outa the van......no pic there....to pricey......and it will like to veer right and left without you driving with your hands. IMO its a bandaid for the real thing.
            Art

Comment

Do you think this is more "para" friendly with the way he controls the stopping and all?
              Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
              Pete C6/'97

Comment

It looks really nice. It also is very interesting.
                Mimi

Comment

Originally posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
                  Do you think this is more "para" friendly with the way he controls the stopping and all?
                  YES....More of a para thing imo
                  Art

Comment

Me want.

This looks like the best version I've seen. I love it's small package and portability. Me definitely want. Thanks for the info SCI_OTR

Comment

nope.......works exactly like you see it..........gonna be a great product.......

Comment

He's sitting in the unreleased new box frame from Top End, too, isn't he? Sure looks like it.

That's an awesome add on. I could totally see myself using one to help get around, especially nursing a shoulder injury, like I am now.

It's VA and Medicare ready. Nice.

Spinergy is officially behind the ball, now.

I really like the small form factor of this unit, quite a bit. I had never considered myself a potential 'power add on' user, until seeing this, frankly.

When the conditions and circumstances warrant, this would be very nice to have as an option.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Wonder what the seat height restrictions will be to accommodate the battery, and it appears that ergo seating would be a no-go with the setup in the video...

Comment

that's one way to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
                              that's one way to put it.
                              Ooops. Corrected.

Comment

Working...
                              X