Chair is veering to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chair is veering to the left

I know there are many reasons as to why this may happen but I thought I'd just ask for suggestions to maybe see where I should start looking. I have a ZRA series 1 and when I'm pushing outside it is veering off to the left A LOT. It's not noticeable when I'm just pushing around inside, but it is extremely hard to push outside.

Check for hair build up in the caster.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

First thing I'd check is that both casters spin freely, with roughly the same friction. May be caster bearing starting to fail.

If you have camber I'd verify toe in/out is balanced.

Check the rear wheel bearings, too. One wheel may have more friction than the other, when rotating.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I also noticed when i'm not in my chair and I go to move it the left caster is slightly floating. Could that be one of the reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by SequinScandal View Post
          I also noticed when i'm not in my chair and I go to move it the left caster is slightly floating. Could that be one of the reasons?

Yes. More than likely. The manual includes a process to fix a slightly floating caster.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I dont have a manual I bought this from ebay is it available on their site?

Comment

Yes. Well, I'm not sure if this is the series one manual, but it's what I've been using since I got my ZRA off ebay myself. http://www.tilite.com/assets/pdf/RIG...S_Z_Series.pdf
              Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk

Comment

Are you watching too much msnbc? ;=)
                "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Working...
                  X