Does this chair make any sense to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brian View Post
    I, too, thought it might be a second-hand chair, but the measurements still don't make sense to me. That seat depth looks like it's about 35 inches. And if someone's thighs are that long - even if they were an amputee - their arms would have to be longer than what that's set up for; even if you moved the axle to the bottom of the frame. And if the axle were ever that low on the frame, those casters would never work.

And if the footrest is purely structural, why the special, raised footrest? Why not a normal one?

I'm not negative about the chair, I just can't wrap my head around the person it was built for.

That would ruin everything.
    I actually thought I had the mystery solved until you mentioned the footrest. I was thinking that the chair could be for a little person, a dwarf. Some dwarves with disabilities will sit with their legs straight out. That would explain the very long seat and the short distance to the pushrims/wheels. It doesn't explain the footrest though. Argh.

Comment

Mystery! Intrigue!

Comment

That would ruin everything.
        Well, in that case I just won't write and ask lol.

Comment

That looks like a Tilite YG (as in, Youth Grow) a discontinued Tilite frame.

http://www.usatechguide.org/itemreview.php?itemid=725

Just to throw you off, those wheels could be 22"'s

Comment

Oh, silly me - The listing SAYS it's a YG. Well, at least I guessed right about that kind of chair it was - it's for a kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrissyOT View Post
              That looks like a Tilite YG (as in, Youth Grow) a discontinued Tilite frame.

http://www.usatechguide.org/itemreview.php?itemid=725

Just to throw you off, those wheels could be 22"'s
              Damn, I forgot about 22's. This is a fun puzzle to solve.

Comment

Very adjustable

Comment

Here's another one.
                  Why would you need two axles? And what is it doing all the way up there?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiLite-TR-Ti...-/330799538180

Comment

Why would you need two axles? And what is it doing all the way up there?
                    I purchased this at a VA auction, as is; therefore, I can only speculate why it has two axle tubes and no footrest. Theory: it was assembled for someone who used their feet to propel the wheelchair, and the second axle tube was used to take place of the footrest to stabilize the frame.

^^Copied/pasted from the add. I wasn't sure if you saw that.

Comment

Working...
                    X