My friends new TR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
    That is not applicable to custom wheelchairs which you can choice where you want your caster housing barrel.
    Sorry i didn't know we were talking only about custom wheelchairs, I must have missed that part of the conversation. I know it is applicable to Tilite and Quickie which I would say the majority of the people on here have.
    Most everything I say is

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWheelz View Post
      Sorry i didn't know we were talking only about custom wheelchairs, I must have missed that part of the conversation. I know it is applicable to Tilite and Quickie which I would say the majority of the people on here have.
      We was talking about stability and i didn`t understand at first somethings about vertical stability, but now i do, SCI_OTR and you have described to me.

Comment

Good explanation, Texas!!

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
        That is not applicable to custom wheelchairs which you can choice where you want your caster housing barrel.
        Fork stem placement and the length of the tubing that attaches the caster housing/caster barrel to the front frame is dependent to some extent on the front frame angle. Yet again, the Pythagorean theorem provides some of the rationale...

Think of Point "B" as the intersection of the front frame with the footrest and Point "C" as the point where the caster makes contact with the ground.

The fork stem (line "b") must be vertical. Caster trail , caster diameter, and swivel radius should also be taken into consideration since the casters must be able to clear the footplate.

Unless one opts for a "custom" caster housing placement out to the side, similar to the now infamous caster housing setting 1 on a Q7, as Angle "A" increases so will the distance between the caster and the front of the footrest (Line "a").

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post

The fork stem (line "b") must be vertical. Caster trail , caster diameter, and swivel radius should also be taken into consideration since the casters must be able to clear the footplate.

Unless one opts for a "custom" caster housing placement out to the side, similar to the now infamous caster housing setting 1 on a Q7, as Angle "A" increases so will the distance between the caster and the front of the footrest (Line "a").
          OK, now i understand it perfectly.
          When i was in Oracing factory i told to the engineer that i wanted my chair with 1.2" more distance between axles( rear wheels and caster), so i stay with the same cog, so they need to move the caster barrel housing, when he do the cad and i saw the width between caster barrel housing was really wide because i moved to 5" caster, but in reality was like that for save what you told about radius of the caster for clear the footplate, but the engineers estimate that measurement assuming all the adjustaments that can be done with the footplate( of course they have to do it like that), But some times we don`t need that radius, like me, i have a solid seat pan and that make my foot been in a higher position so i reduced around 2" between my casters housing.

As you can see in the first pic, look how near is my caster housing to the frame for have 5" casters, but in the second pic you can see the explanation, i can adjust around an ich down my footplate but not more, but sure i will never move it.

Comment

My new TR3

Hey guys,

I want to thank you all for the tips and suggestions you had posted, I really appreciate it. After a couple weeks of adjusting to my new chair, my balance improved tremendously, I no longer feel like I am going to fall forward. All the new settings have also eliminated my back pain which I am ecstatic about. The small hiccups as far as the correct wheels and footplate were corrected by TiLite as soon as I notified them. They did everything to correct the problem and fix it. My footplate now has the heel cut out and is wide enough to fit all widths of shoes. Also my pink spinergy wheels add the perfect touch to my chair. My chair is now complete and is on point as to what I had ordered. I am very happy with my new chair and the fit is perfect. I truly recommend this model if you feel it is right for you.

Thanks kindly,
            Steph Sablan

Comment

Originally posted by _steph_s View Post
              Hey guys,

I want to thank you all for the tips and suggestions you had posted, I really appreciate it...My chair is now complete and is on point as to what I had ordered. I am very happy with my new chair and the fit is perfect. I truly recommend this model if you feel it is right for you.

Thanks kindly,
              Steph
              For those too lazy to unzip her pics...

Comment

Pretty girl and nice looking chair!
                SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
                T4,5,6 Incomplete
                Chair: TiLite TR3

Comment

The order for my TR3 went in today. Wish me luck (insurance).
                  -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

Working...
                  X