My TR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jschism View Post
    my TR3 with G10 seat pan, CF camber tube, CF removeable fenders(cause I use knobby in winter and need taller fenders for those), welded 11 1/2" back posts with ADI CF back, and GOLZ Twin Star wheels.
    Great Looking Ride. Thanks for running our ADI Back!

Comment

Hot!! My next chair without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
        I STAND CORRECTED. awesome ride thou. why didnt u get bolt on side guards
        he said it's because he needs taller fenders when he uses his knobby tires.

awesome chair! I love the white. I think that's what I'll use on my next chair. Clean simple look, and I can change up the 'accent' colors like spokes, caster forks etc.
        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I've been wanting a white paintjob in my mind for some time.
          now i'd do something different...
          walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
            I STAND CORRECTED.
            HA!!! Hopefully, you've learned your lesson and will never question my question again!
            Last edited by SCI_OTR; 17 Aug 2012, 4:48 PM.

Comment

I'm sure someone will wonder why, so, I have a +2 90 front because I like my legs(or more like my legs want to) at a 90 degree bend or they just bounce off front. Also, the 90 bend instead of 85 allows the tubes to help protect my shins. Working in a shop turning wrenches, I find myself resting my chair against equipment so I get more leverage and the frame keeps mefrom bashing my legs all the time. I have no trouble with transfers and the extra length.
              Makes total sense. A sharper frame angle combined with a longer frame length will generally make transfers easier. The reason you haven't seen any 90 degree +2" frame chairs posted by me is that the user may want to retain the ability to use a 5" caster or there will insufficient footrest clearance at the desired STF height.

Comment

Very nice chair. I think the twin star wheels give it a nice feel.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                  HA!!! Hopefully, you've learned your lesson and will never question my question again!
                  lol. dont hold your breath
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com
                  c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                  sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

14 x 15 seat +3(I use a 14 x 16, but like the cushion to hang over) G10 seat pan, CF camber tube, CF fenders, 17 1/2 FSH, 15 1/2 RSH, 90 degreee front, no taper front, 91 degree welded back 11.5 tall(measured where the top curve starts on the ADI back in the mounting position where I wanted it. Took this dimension from my old chair, TiLite doesn't offer the ADI backs on order) 2 degree camber, 1/2 wheel spacing. slipstream unitine with 4 x 1 softrolls.
                    I'm sure someone will wonder why, so, I have a +2 90 front because I like my legs(or more like my legs want to) at a 90 degree bend or they just bounce off front. Also, the 90 bend instead of 85 allows the tubes to help protect my shins. Working in a shop turning wrenches, I find myself resting my chair against equipment so I get more leverage and the frame keeps mefrom bashing my legs all the time. I have no trouble with transfers and the extra length.
                    Very nice chair, Jeff! Will this be your new #1 everyday? I like the white paint finish, too. Your ZR is black, no? I once had a white Kuschall Champion L-framed chair (got married in it.

What's the CoG? It looks as though the camber clamps are set pretty far back, and with the +3 I imagine that it's not the least bit tippy.

Are you so slim-hipped that you're not shoehorning yourself into a 14" wide seat?
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                      Makes total sense. A sharper frame angle combined with a longer frame length will generally make transfers easier. The reason you haven't seen any 90 degree +2" frame chairs posted by me is that the user may want to retain the ability to use a 5" caster or there will insufficient footrest clearance at the desired STF height.
                      I've come to really appreciate the extra room Quickie puts on the GT frame, before the bend. Transfering, bending over to grab stuff, using it as a roll cage to protect my poor knobby knees and shriveled shins, and to mount accessories to are all reasons I would most definitely add some inches to a TiLite spec, to best suit my needs.

Adding the 90deg front is a good way to shorten up the wheelbase, a bit, but even with +2" there isn't room for 5" casters?!?!?!?!

Please explain.
                      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                        Very nice chair, Jeff! Will this be your new #1 everyday? I like the white paint finish, too. Your ZR is black, no? I once had a white Kuschall Champion L-framed chair (got married in it.

What's the CoG? It looks as though the camber clamps are set pretty far back, and with the +3 I imagine that it's not the least bit tippy.

Are you so slim-hipped that you're not shoehorning yourself into a 14" wide seat?
                        my COG was 3.5, but I increased it because the TR3 is a little more front heavy than my ZR2, which is also white. I have no idea what the COG is now, maybe 4"? it has to be at least a 3.5 COG to have the bottom tube rounded per TiLite order form.

Comment

Love it. Very beautiful.
                          Is the fender/side guard a 2 piece or 1 piece?
                          T3 Complete
                          to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

sigpic

Comment

You work in a shop and have a white chair. You crazy guy.
                            C 5/6 Comp.
                            No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Looks like a solid chair. Thanks for including photos--The TR3 looks to be my next chair too.

Is the seat to footrest and back height adjustable on the TR3?
                              Last edited by underthesun; 19 Aug 2012, 4:19 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by forestranger52 View Post
                                You work in a shop and have a white chair. You crazy guy.
                                Good catch
                                Chas
                                TiLite TR3
                                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                                <
                                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
                                X