Sportaid is having a 30% off sale on the Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobMach View Post
    plenty isnt a number. i see they also have a fundraising campaign to raise money for inventory. is everything OK in the Icon camp?
    I'm glad you asked, Bob! Frankly, I was curious, too.

Glad to hear business is moving along, for Icon, too.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

plenty isnt a number. i see they also have a fundraising campaign to raise money for inventory. is everything OK in the Icon camp?
      I think this was just a ploy by Jeff to create speculation knowing that someone would discover his Indiegogo page, become concerned, and make a comment about it in this thread. By posting the comment, this thread got moved back to the top of the page.

It's the old "How to bump without saying bump" technique taken straight out of the Guerrilla Marketing Handbook.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
        I think this was just a ploy by Jeff to create speculation knowing that someone would discover his Indiegogo page, become concerned, and make a comment about it in this thread. By posting the comment, this thread got moved back to the top of the page.

It's the old "How to bump without saying bump" technique taken straight out of the Guerrilla Marketing Handbook.
        LOL!!

And here I am, playing right into their hands!

Muuuuahahahaahaha.....

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

its been a little silent from both you and new owners.
          no news is good news
          if there were problems with the chair I'm sure you'd here about it. Can't say I've had any major ones myself.

Comment

There is the law of supply and demand.
            Low demand make prices go down, big demand make prices stay or go up.

The biggest example of that i see it with the freewheel, just a little bike kid wheel and a bit of aluminium made in Asia which cost price could be less than $30 is sell to customers with the same price that an entire good enough bicycle, why? well simple, Pat have the pattent and there is only him in the market and a lot of people want his wheel, so the prices...

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
              There is the law of supply and demand.
              Low demand make prices go down, big demand make prices stay or go up.

The biggest example of that i see it with the freewheel, just a little bike kid wheel and a bit of aluminium made in Asia which cost price could be less than $30 is sell to customers with the same price that an entire good enough bicycle, why? well simple, Pat have the pattent and there is only him in the market and a lot of people want his wheel, so the prices...
              ...have stayed the same since the beginning.

In general, I agree with what you say in this post, but there are other cost considerations patd, and other low volume, small manufactures in the US DME market that need to be recovered by the makers, other than parts.

Total cost of doing business is far greater than parts expense, in this market.

Comment

Working...
              X