Best chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best chair

Looking for a lite weight chair to take in and out of mid size pickup truck, I've never used this kind of chair or driven my truck since sci. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have a TiLite ZR and I can put it into my truck easily. I had the jump seats taken out and it fits right behind my seat.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for the help I know there are many choices it is confusing just want something nice an lite that I can throw in passenger seat.

Comment

What chair are you using now? I suggest your first ultralight be adjustable so you can tune it in.
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota02 View Post
          Thanks for the help I know there are many choices it is confusing just want something nice an lite that I can throw in passenger seat.
          with any ultralitht cantilever chair you could do that and with a box frame too, same as mine.

Comment

Lasher Sport makes a Magnesium frame chair thats nice and lightweight.

Comment

The best chair depends on your needs as well as things like price range/insurance coverage. I got the best chair for me, but plenty on this forum have been vocal about disliking the company or model I went with.
              Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick c5 c6 quad View Post
                Lasher Sport makes a Magnesium frame chair thats nice and lightweight.

Are a lot of good brands out there, the most important thing is that the chair fit to you perfect and you feel confortable in it.

Comment

i roll in a Kueschall now but will go back to a top end by invacare next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota02 View Post
                    Looking for a lite weight chair to take in and out of mid size pickup truck, I've never used this kind of chair or driven my truck since sci. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
                    If you are paying out of pocket and _know_ your wheelchair specs (exactly) check out Mike Box's chairs. He builds nice light chairs specialized for each individual for dirt cheap. http://www.mikeboxdesigns.com/#!about

I will say his website really doesn't do his everyday chairs justice, I have been up-close-and-personal with a few of them and they are excellent rides. (this coming from the proud owner of a Lasher BT-Mg and Oracing Xtreme Box)

my advice (no matter who's paying) - buddy up with a couple local mobility businesses and try out ("demo") as many chairs as you can.. when you find something really comfortable steal the specs from it and order what you want. Do your homework, an educated consumer is a happy one.
                    Last edited by tooley; 07-25-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks loads for the info I have some research to do cause this is all new to me don't own one of these chairs I have power chair and can't travel with it nor do I want to. Thanks again

Comment

What kind of truck do you have? Regular cab, SuperCab or Crew Cab?

I have had SuperCab trucks for the last 15 years because its easy to load folding wheelchair in back without taking off wheels and without taking up passenger seat. Ford has a split back seat so I can have passenger in back along with my chair. You can load faster and easier with a folding chair than a solid frame and take up less space. See pics.

Comment

For me a rigid actually takes up less space and is easier to load. When I'm with someone it goes in the back of my station wagon with just the back folded down, and groceries can be packed in around it still. When alone it goes in the back but broken down because I can't load it whole. But of course I have the ability to walk from the drivers seat to the back when alone.
                          Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I have a ti-lite aero-x folding chair and I manage to pull this folded up into the passenger side of my pickup between the dash board and seat. It wasnt easy first few attemps but it has became much easier I beleive I can get in my truck just as fast as a fat person, HAHA! My truck is a single cab chevy silverado.

Comment

I've got a club cab Dakota but don't know what or how a chair will go into passenger seat I can not walk at all so I guess it will pass the steering wheel broken down.

Comment

Working...
                              X