Gription Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gription Strip

Wonder how durable is the rubber strip of surge handrim. Any opinion?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

So, I wrote to their company and ask for details, this is what they answer:

To answer your question about the durability of the Gription Strip on the Surge Handrim: The Gription Strip is designed to be highly durable. It is not a “replaceable” or temporary rubber strip; instead it has been inserted into a v-shape groove in the handrim and then bonded to the surface. In early testing with the product, we focused on maximizing the durability of the bond and the Surge today reflects those efforts.

Comment

Thanks. I was wondering, too.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
        Thanks. I was wondering, too.
        welcome

Comment

Yeah... I hate the strip. Going down the wheelchair ramp it burns. I have gloves, but I hate them.

I will say that is only regret I have in this new chair.
          I am trying to find gloves that do hurt my fingers.

As for durability, I think they will last as long as the life of the chair. The .jpg are a couple of pictures of my hand rims. The rubber strip is what I was trying to show.
          Last edited by itsnotmeitsyou; 2 Aug 2012, 6:48 PM. Reason: add pictures

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotmeitsyou View Post
            Yeah... I hate the strip. Going down the wheelchair ramp it burns. I have gloves, but I hate them.

I will say that is only regret I have in this new chair.
            I am trying to find gloves that do hurt my fingers.

As for durability, I think they will last as long as the life of the chair. The .jpg are a couple of pictures of my hand rims. The rubber strip is what I was trying to show.
            It still looks very new.

Comment

Working...
            X