Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about handcycles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Question about handcycles

    Hi

    just having a question. Im thinking of bying my first real handcyckle, but which model do i have to buy?
    I have been looking of Top End force R or the new model RX. and the Sopur Shark RS. Guess ome people would mean that theese models are overkilling for me becourse me a brand new rider, but my plan is to have the bike many years forward :-)
    But the big question is, that model is the best for the money. In scandinavia the price of a Sopur/ Quickie is just half of what a Top End cost.

    #2
    For the money I'd go with the Shark RS. They're all high quality bikes but the price difference is a lot.

    Comment


      #3
      What do you want to do; race or ride recreationally with a few fun marathons and the ability to ride trails.

      If you want to race, Craig is right on getting a Shark due to the cost. If youwant to do trails or any type of more rural roads the Shark may be too low to the ground.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by new rider View Post
        Hi

        people would mean that theese models are overkilling for me becourse me a brand new rider, but my plan is to have the bike many years forward :-)
        But the big question is, that model is the best for the money. In scandinavia the price of a Sopur/ Quickie is just half of what a Top End cost.

        Nonsenses, people have told me the same, that bike is very dangerous you are too low, but forget them, sure all that people can walk.

        That bike been carefully you will not have any more problems that could have a normal guy with his bicycle, put a flag and lights and you will be perfectly visible for cars and others.

        If the quickie is half of money, don`t think it go for it, i have seen that bike in person and is good stuff.

        Are other options in the market like: GTM, Schimicking, Maddline, Oracing, etc.

        You can see in the pic the two bikes you are speaking about side to side.

        Comment


          #5
          Get the Shark RS. It's a nice bike, I've seen it in person. If I could get it for 1/2 the price(or even the same price) as an rx, I would get it.

          Comment


            #6
            You can't go wrong with one of the Sopur bikes. Although they might be a little bit heavier, I believe they are made to higher standards than the Top End Force RX. If it is a bike that you plan to keep for many years to come, the Sopur would be a good option. Also, I would keep an eye on the classified section at handbike.de. I have seen some very good deals on Schmicking handbikes on there.

            http://handbike.de/wp/basar/

            Comment


              #7
              We all said the first bike was going to be a keeper for many years. HA! Keep dreaming. If you get into cycling you'll be upgrading bike after bike and part after part.

              I always reward myself with an upgrade of somesort after so many miles. I've ended up with some sweet upgraded bikes the past 36yrs doing it that way. If a new bike comes out that fits my needs or will keep me in the saddle for that much longer, I'll get it. The PP was my latest reward and has paid off bigtime.

              The Sopur is a good bike. I have some reservations about them but it was from years ago and I trust they've changed since then. It looks like they are the popular bike to ride over there as Top Ends are here. 1/2 the cost for a first bike is worth it. You can spend the extra you save on upgrades as you earn them.

              Comment


                #8
                Sorry for the late answer guys but i have been busy :-)

                thanks for the answers guys.
                I have made my desssion and I will go for the RS. I think I will be glad for this model after i have spend some more times about thinking of it and know matter what i do, doesnt think i can get any better bike for the price. As you all says are all other models alot more expensive, and the question is about i will have a alot better bike if i was spending the dobble price in another model, when i am totally new i this, im not sure :-)
                I have been searching some information about bikes from smicking and some other i doesnt remember the name of right now, but they was all too expensive for what i am willing to pay, so that is not an option.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by new rider View Post
                  Sorry for the late answer guys but i have been busy :-)

                  thanks for the answers guys.
                  I have made my desssion and I will go for the RS. I think I will be glad for this model after i have spend some more times about thinking of it and know matter what i do, doesnt think i can get any better bike for the price. As you all says are all other models alot more expensive, and the question is about i will have a alot better bike if i was spending the dobble price in another model, when i am totally new i this, im not sure :-)
                  I have been searching some information about bikes from smicking and some other i doesnt remember the name of right now, but they was all too expensive for what i am willing to pay, so that is not an option.
                  Sure you will not regreat, i`m wondering if the girl could be an option

                  Comment


                    #10
                    New Rider, I hope you can really get into training. I've seen first hand how much one can improve. A 45 year old woman friend just averaged 19.5 mph over 12.5 miles in a recent race, last year she was 15.2 mph, same bike.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Craig80 View Post
                      I hope you can really get into training. I've seen first hand how much one can improve.
                      Yes, it all depends on the engine. Equipment is secondary in importance. The top two finishers in the Tour de France this year did not use "super bikes" with the latest technology.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The engine definitely matters most, that's why some athletes build theirs illegally. You're going to see both engine and equipment in Reno, Will and Muffy have both. We might come up Sunday, should be a great crit to watch. Best of luck Richard, you'll have a blast racing some of the best.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                          Sure you will not regreat, i`m wondering if the girl could be an option
                          now thats a training incentive. have her stradle your face bare ass naked and when you hit and hold your mph she gives you a little taste. i like sopurs stlye, lol.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Richard L View Post
                            Yes, it all depends on the engine. Equipment is secondary in importance. The top two finishers in the Tour de France this year did not use "super bikes" with the latest technology.
                            for paras yes, for quads your equip is as important as training.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                              now thats a training incentive. have her stradle your face bare ass naked and when you hit and hold your mph she gives you a little taste. i like sopurs stlye, lol.
                              If i had a paralyzed 13 year old kid who loved coming to CCC to learn about handcycling, I would not want them to read this.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X