Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost castor screw. What size is replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost castor screw. What size is replacement?

I am on vacation and yesterday I looked down and noticed I lost the small screw to one of my casters and had no success at finding it. Fortunatly, and amazingly, my dad found one in his garage at his cabin that fit. I'd like to purchase another so I have the right part. Anyone know the size? I was going to check a hardware store.

I have FL forks with 4 x 1.5 FL casters on my TiLite TR.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I believe its 10-32 x 1/2".

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

HA! Same thing happened to me while I was in NYC
        Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

I have a box of a 100 hardened screws for those from fastenal, says M6 x 12mm

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
            I have a box of a 100 hardened screws for those from fastenal, says M6 x 12mm
            If the caster axle uses a button head cap screw and uses a 5/32 Allen wrench, then jschism is probably correct. TiLite's Phillips head screw has a 10-32 thread, but I believe they only use that with their own forks.

Comment

Are we talking about for Unitine forks/caster axles?
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

No. Suspension forks, but if it is a BHCS, the fastener would be the same one used with the UniTine.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                  Are we talking about for Unitine forks/caster axles?
                  I wasn't sure, just said FL. However, I was talking about the FL unitine and the screws that holds the wheels on fork.

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
                    I wasn't sure, just said FL. However, I was talking about the FL unitine and the screws that holds the wheels on fork.
                    Is this what you ordered? I could actually use a few, but not 100 of them!
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

black:
                      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055CZTRW/...SIN=B0055CZTRW
                      Zinc plated:
                      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M3IC60/...SIN=B004M3IC60

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                        If the caster axle uses a button head cap screw and uses a 5/32 Allen wrench, then jschism is probably correct. TiLite's Phillips head screw has a 10-32 thread, but I believe they only use that with their own forks.
                        It does take an Allen wrench and 5/32 sounds right, from what I recall, the size is worn off my wrench.

So it sounds like M6 X 12mm is what is needed. I didn't find a hardware yesterday, but what I have is working so I didn't try hard.

Comment

Working...
                        X