The new Oracing XTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
    As you know the chair came from factory with SLX, this wheels came with schrader valves tubes, i hate them, you lost the high pressure when taking out the compresor valve plug.
    I`m going to remove them and put presta tubes, imo the best for keep air in, i always have them in my mavics wheels and love them, lost zero air when removing the plug.
    How much psi do you estimate is lost when removing the hose? I would imagine it's negligible.
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by ~Lin View Post
      With shrader valves if you flip the lock on the end of the hose while the air compressor is still running the air will pop it off the tube without losing any air.
      Nice tip. I'll have to try that. I lose between 2-5 psi, depending on how snappy I get the valve off, w/145psi. Less with lower pressure, e.g. 65psi MTB tires.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I read it somewhere here originally, maybe from SCI_OTR. I've been doing it and it works great. I hold one hand on the button of the air compressor and the other on the end of the hose, and after it blows off the tube I turn off the air compressor.
        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I agree that presta tubes are much better.

In most cases you don't lose much of anything taking the hose off. You're actually losing the pressure when you attach the gage after to see what pressure you're at. How do you know you've lost pressure removing the hose...by attaching a gage which is what actually lost the pressure.
          T4 Complete since 01/01/2012

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
            Nice tip. I'll have to try that. I lose between 2-5 psi, depending on how snappy I get the valve off, w/145psi. Less with lower pressure, e.g. 65psi MTB tires.
            i don`t think so, in just .2second you could lost perfectly 20 psi, in this wheels a very little air make the differences in high pressures and presta valve assure you to lost zero air, ┬┐why do you think racing bikes have presta valves?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Lin View Post
              With shrader valves if you flip the lock on the end of the hose while the air compressor is still running the air will pop it off the tube without losing any air.
              Yep, that way you don`t listen the air coming out.

Comment

Difficult, but possible, my first puncture with marathon plus tires today.

Comment

Working...
                X