Wheelchair Jeans & Pockets..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair Jeans & Pockets..........

went to a tailor who works out of a small office in a local Burlington coat factory to get some suit pants hemmed for a wedding. as he and i were talking i said hey, im sitting on some uselss jeans pockets, if i cut them off can u sew them to the inside of my jeans pant legs?. yes sir he said. so dropped of 2 pairs & picked them up today and i was very pleased. he was a cool dude. they look like they were made that way, he sewed them up like original. i use Walmart Wranglers, reg fit and extra long, i like'em cause they ride high. thought i would share a photo.........

gonna drop off the rest of my jeans, he said he could even sew on a flap with a button if i wanted.

Very cool!

Comment

Kinda dorky.... but a nifty idea!

Have you ever worn cargo pants? They have roomier pockets. Save on tailoring cost too.

Comment

Originally posted by chick View Post
        Kinda dorky.... but a nifty idea!

Have you ever worn cargo pants? They have roomier pockets. Save on tailoring cost too.
        yep, did the cargo pants once and had a cell phone fall out in a rain puddle in a parking lot. tailor was cheap, well worth the few dollars.

<---------Lord of the Dorks, Master of their Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by BobMach View Post
          he said he could even sew on a flap with a button if i wanted.
          A little velcro would also work well if buttons were any problem. I like the idea of my cell phone being with me if I fell out of the chair.
          C5/C6

Comment

What a cool idea.

Comment

Sweet!
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Thats a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm certainly no tailer but I think I could do that.

Comment

Holy crap! I've got about a dozen pockets in a drawer I've taken off jeans over the years (to minimize seams under my butt). I know what I'm doing tomorrow! Thanks for sharing, Bob.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

uh, genius. I'd probably put them on the back of my calf though...
                      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by BobMach View Post
                        went to a tailor who works out of a small office in a local Burlington coat factory to get some suit pants hemmed for a wedding. as he and i were talking i said hey, im sitting on some uselss jeans pockets, if i cut them off can u sew them to the inside of my jeans pant legs?. yes sir he said. so dropped of 2 pairs & picked them up today and i was very pleased. he was a cool dude. they look like they were made that way, he sewed them up like original. i use Walmart Wranglers, reg fit and extra long, i like'em cause they ride high. thought i would share a photo.........

gonna drop off the rest of my jeans, he said he could even sew on a flap with a button if i wanted.
                        Hi BobMach, that`s a good idea, patent throusers for sci people

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                          Hi BobMach, that`s a good idea, patent throusers for sci people
                          you know me and the tailor talked about that toto..........we may be open to taking orders

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                            uh, genius. I'd probably put them on the back of my calf though...
                            i thought about that professor feisty, more of a reach and a twist to get into the pocket

Comment

small world, i also got my jeans from walmart. i'm always sitting on them so no one could see the brand/logo stamp to see if i was wearing the lastest style. i would cut the pockets off the back because i had a fear they might nake a spot on my butt after 16 hours sitting. i had my grandma sew the pockets just below my knee. those were the jeans i wore to bonfire parties. each knee had half pint of spirits! granda ma died in a car wreck 5 years ago - my fishin' buddy. donnie

Comment

Working...
                              X