freewheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freewheel

got my freewheel hooked it up what type of footplates do yall have on your chairsi have angle adjustable one and when i engage the wheel it putsa ton of pressure on it causing the plate to get angled down a lot

so would a tubular plate not do that

seems like the tubed plate would be better and im still in process ordering new chair so i could get the tube plate with abs covering
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I have an adjustable foot plate on a GT. I followed the instructions that came with the Freewheel which said for those types of footplates, first secure them with sheet metal screws. I think the tubular is probably better, though requires the use of a plastic spacer, generally.

Congrats on the FW! Awesome piece of kit.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I have a ZRc with an adjustable footrest. I secured it with screws as the instructions said and I haven't had any problems. I agree with DaleB, the tubular type footrest would probably be stronger.
      TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Many folks are having good results with both designs of footrests. The angle adjustable does require the screws to secure it to the tubing. If you don't than it may rotate when in use. Sounds as if you experienced that. Rotate it bck where you like it, drill and screw it there, then adjust the FreeWheel and enjoy.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pat

Comment

ya i saw were the instructions said about the added screws ill probl do that and get a tubular plate on my new chair thanks yall

Comment

any luck with insurance

Has anyone had any luck getting insurance to cover their freewheel?

Comment

Mine did.

Comment

More and more FreeWheels are being "bundled" with new chair orders and are going through many insurance reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by patd View Post
                  More and more FreeWheels are being "bundled" with new chair orders and are going through many insurance reviews.
                  I hope mine goes through. Also does anyone know is freewheel with be adding a tubular foot rest as an option for the icon?

Comment

my insurance paid for my freewheel

Comment

for those that got their insurance to pay for the freewheel, did you do it as part of a new chair order or did you get insurance to cover it independent of buying a new chair? anyone using blue cross/blue shield?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by buckwheat View Post
                        for those that got their insurance to pay for the freewheel, did you do it as part of a new chair order or did you get insurance to cover it independent of buying a new chair? anyone using blue cross/blue shield?
                        and also, what was the process for getting coverage -- was a doctor's prescription enough to submit to insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by buckwheat View Post
                          and also, what was the process for getting coverage -- was a doctor's prescription enough to submit to insurance?
                          thats all i needed was scrip from doc

Comment

Working...
                          X