Icon Wheelchairs - wider wing now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon Wheelchairs - wider wing now available

This part gave us a bunch of grief, and I'm embarrassed by how long it took us - there were a bunch of gremlins in the works.

The test machine itself broke (not the chair, but the actual machine) - the part that holds the chair on the rollers failed, and dropped the whole chair and 265 pounds of weights into the guts of the test rollers. This caused a lot of damage to the test machine, which took almost six weeks to repair.

Once we got everything up and running again, we put a chair with the new wing on the test machine, it bounced away for a couple hundred thousand cycles, and was put into production.

Here's a photo of the wider wing:

Here is a photo of the standard wing, with the wider wing sitting on top of it to show the difference:

It's quite a lot wider - two inches more space, and it tapers in an entirely different way to give a bigger "envelope" of space to accommodate people who need more room.

I'll post photos of the wider wing on a chair to show how it looks in relation to the rest of the chair.

looks like your moving in the right direction and i am lurking ever more

Comment

Mr Adams........i would actually like to know where one could acquire some of that cushioning foam that you are using on that wing

Comment

They come standard on every Icon - probably the easiest thing for me would be if you just order a chair, and pull the foam pieces off.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
          They come standard on every Icon - probably the easiest thing for me would be if you just order a chair, and pull the foam pieces off.
          HaHa, you funny man. just keep on refining and ill be there

Comment

Yippee!!

I'm psyched!

Comment

Hey Jeff, not trying to hijack the thread, but have you ever worked with workers comp dealing with the icon chair ?
              www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

Comment

Originally posted by PeteShick View Post
                I'm psyched!
                Can't wait. Congratulations Jeff :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Colin83 View Post
                  Hey Jeff, not trying to hijack the thread, but have you ever worked with workers comp dealing with the icon chair ?
                  Yes - we've had really good success with workers comp.

(And there's a demo chair in New Orleans)

Comment

Here are some more photos of the wider wing mounted on a chair:

Comment

I need that wing Jeff, I never got the leg things you said you sent. I my legs are really digging into the regular wing. I really don't want to get a sore on my legs

Comment

Is the wider wing now standard? I just ordered a chair and was wondering.

Comment

@arod636 - I'll check with Christian - he was the one sending them, and I'll put you on the list for the wider wing.

@StarLord - There's an option on the order form for either the standard or wide wing.

Comment

Thanks jeff

Comment

@StarLord - send me a pm with who you are in the real world if you want me to match your order with the wider wing option.

jeff@iconwheelchairs.com

Comment

Working...
                              X