No announcement yet.

Icon Wheelchairs - wider wing now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there others, possibly those with hemparesis/hemiplegia, interested in an Icon who need flip-up footrests to propel with one foot, and to make transfers easier?

I'm wondering if the wider wing might somehow accomodate flip-up footrests. I can imagine that the footrest is critical for the structural integrity of the frame, but if there was an option for this it would be great.

Of course this does beg the question of how to deal with the IC-ON logo;-).
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Icon sidegaurds

I don't think I can transfer over those fixed sidegaurds are there removable ones as a option. Thanks

Comment

Good question. they can probably be simply modified to be removable. I took mine off for the same reason.
        Do you need both removable or only one?

Comment

Sorry, can't answer you question. Here some photo's of the sideguardsIcon Wheelchairs Production Photos.

Originally posted by Blinky1675 View Post
          I don't think I can transfer over those fixed sidegaurds are there removable ones as a option. Thanks
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
            Sorry, can't answer you question. Here some photo's of the sideguardsIcon Wheelchairs Production Photos.
            actually, this is what the sideguards look like; they bolt on to the components that you're referring to.

Comment

ADI also provides custom shapes if you need a different size for length or height (or both).

Comment

Or make your own out of 1/8" ABS plastic like I do. If they crack, make another one. I've replaced mine once in 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                X