Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the Down Under Bag?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone have the Down Under Bag?

    This bag looks perfect to replace the bulky swinging Quickie under te seat pouch I have now but I'd like to know if anyone has tried it. Let me know what you think.

    http://www.advantagebag.com/wheelcha...nder_bags2.htm

    I'm referring to the flat bag at the top of the page. It's sits flush under the seatpan.

  • #2
    I have one like the down under shelf, the bottom image, and I like it a lot.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

    Comment


    • #3
      I keep a cafeteria tray stowed under my seat pan (like the top pic). It's always available for carrying food/drink in my lap.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

      "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

      Comment


      • #4
        I've been using the "WH175 Deluxe Down Under" for about 12-15 years. I can fit a lot of stuff in there.

        Comment


        • #5
          crappler I don't think something open like that would work for me.
          Chas That's an interesting idea but maybe heavy. I already care a bunch of stuff, want less.
          Smokey Yeah that's kind of what I have and I'm trying to get away from it. Hard to find my stuff and the bad is always swining. I like the flat bag attached under the seatpan but I'm getting my Icon soon and I don't know if it would fit. Should be another week and I'll have the Icon and I can find out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey Grommet,

            I was confused about your "open" comment, but I looked at the image and realize what you mean now.

            The one that I have is NOT open like that.
            Here's a link
            http://www.adaptabledesigns.com/unwheelpac.html
            Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Crappler View Post
              Hey Grommet,

              I was confused about your "open" comment, but I looked at the image and realize what you mean now.

              The one that I have is NOT open like that.
              Here's a link
              http://www.adaptabledesigns.com/unwheelpac.html
              Thanks, that makes more sense. That bag definitely wouldn't work with an Icon though because of the shock housing. I'm leaning pretty hard towards the flat down-under bag. It may not fit right under the seatpan but I may be able to mount it lower. Then again I might also try Jeff's solution, it's some kind of bicycle under-the-saddle bag. The only problem I saw there was the only way to get into it is to remove it. It has a quick-release but I didn't like the idea of having my wallet, ID, keys, door opener to my place, all in a bag sitting on my lap. I'd be so nervous about someone just reaching over and running off with it.

              I mentioned that to Jeff when he and Mark and I were having hamburgers. I said, aren't you worried some one is going to take it? He held up his giant arms and looking at each one said, "I've got Steel and Justice." I swear the look on his face made me think he wanted someone to try and take his stuff ;-)

              Comment


              • #8
                I have been using the flat pac WH180 for a little over 1 year now. I really like it. It tucks up under the seat pan and is held on by velcro. I have not had any issues with it at all. I put my catheters and phone in the larger pocket and keep my wallet and keys in the smaller pockets. If you ever get down to SJ/Gilroy, you can check mine out to see if you like it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  .....
                  Last edited by 2TiRods; 05-24-2012, 06:59 PM. Reason: duplicate post

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There are some comments and alternatives on this thread:
                    /forum/showthread.php?t=127341

                    I searched the Care Cure site using the search terms: storage bag underneath wheelchair. There may be other threads.

                    All the best,
                    GJ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just saw an Icon in person, and there definitely isn't room for the flat down under bag (nor the type I have, which is same company but not flat).

                      I think that you might be able to mount something like this tight up against the seat pan, there are some pre-drilled holes so you can attach it (maybe zip ties?)

                      http://www.amazon.com/Jandd-Bike-Bag.../dp/B004LGKBPI

                      (this is just a quick example of a small bike bag that probably wouldn't swing around).

                      When I carry stuff on my lap I try to put it between my legs. Helps stabilize my legs, and makes people less likely to grab (or even notice that something is there).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 2TiRods View Post
                        I have been using the flat pac WH180 for a little over 1 year now. I really like it. It tucks up under the seat pan and is held on by velcro. I have not had any issues with it at all. I put my catheters and phone in the larger pocket and keep my wallet and keys in the smaller pockets. If you ever get down to SJ/Gilroy, you can check mine out to see if you like it.
                        Thanks for the feedback. I do think the bag would be great but I need to get my Icon and look around under the seatpan and see the frame, try to figure if I could use the flat pac WH180. I am so sick of my swinging under seat pouch. I can't find anything in it anyway. I want to make the chair sleeker than I've got my Tilite TR set up. Should have the new chair some time next week. Thanks for the help :-)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jgrant27 View Post
                          I just saw an Icon in person, and there definitely isn't room for the flat down under bag (nor the type I have, which is same company but not flat).

                          I think that you might be able to mount something like this tight up against the seat pan, there are some pre-drilled holes so you can attach it (maybe zip ties?)

                          http://www.amazon.com/Jandd-Bike-Bag.../dp/B004LGKBPI

                          (this is just a quick example of a small bike bag that probably wouldn't swing around).

                          When I carry stuff on my lap I try to put it between my legs. Helps stabilize my legs, and makes people less likely to grab (or even notice that something is there).
                          Jgrant, not sure about getting into that bag but it's an idea, thanks. I also found this http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...dd-tire-bag-ii bag from the same company. I'll know better when I have the chair at my place. Who knows what my final solution will be :-) In the end, maybe I will need to go with what Jeff has. I definitely want to solve the problem of having to bend down to get things. That's been sucking for years. I want to mount something right under the seatpan if I can.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                            There are some comments and alternatives on this thread:
                            /forum/showthread.php?t=127341

                            I searched the Care Cure site using the search terms: storage bag underneath wheelchair. There may be other threads.

                            All the best,
                            GJ
                            GJ, thanks for the tip on the thread. I looked through it and didn't find a solution for me. I've been using an underseat pouch for 17 years and they've never really worked for me. I'm just now doing something about it. Getting a new chair I think is going to better and I want to make everything else I use with the chair better too. So sick of bending. So tired of digging in the dark with my fingers trying to find something. I'll figure something out I hope. I am so old I have decided everything just needs to be easier. Rough and tumble is a young man's game. I'm ready for my leisure suit .. well not quite ;-)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X