4" x 1.4" Frog Leg Epic Soft Roll Wheelchair Casters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4" x 1.4" Frog Leg Epic Soft Roll Wheelchair Casters

anybody know if these will work on a series 1 zra or no?

i'm guessing no but just need expert confirmation.

if no, has anybody ever bought this brand? are they pretty good or a waste of my cashola?

http://www.sportaid.com/4-x-1-blue-s...l-casters.html

rollin64, I put a pair of Unitines ($85/pair from Sportaid) and 4" x 1.4" FL soft rolls on my series 1 ZRa, and it took me about 40 minutes to swap the forks and 5 minutes to put on the new casters. Very easy modification, and I strongly recommend it!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

I put a set of 5x1.4 FL Epic SR casters in my AeroZ's standard forks - perfect fit.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by rollin64 View Post
        anybody know if these will work on a series 1 zra or no?

i'm guessing no but just need expert confirmation.

if no, has anybody ever bought this brand? are they pretty good or a waste of my cashola?

http://www.sportaid.com/4-x-1-blue-s...l-casters.html
        That website are not the casters of the tittle of the thread, they are 4x1" and your are looking for 4x1.4" softroll casters are this ones http://www.sportaid.com/4-frog-legs-...re-colors.html imo the best casters of the market for ultralight wheelchair and active guys, you`ve got them with plastic or aluminium hub, will fit no problem, but maybe you will need new spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
          That website are not the casters of the tittle of the thread, they are 4x1" and your are looking for 4x1.4" softroll casters are this ones http://www.sportaid.com/4-frog-legs-...re-colors.html imo the best casters of the market for ultralight wheelchair and active guys, you`ve got them with plastic or aluminium hub, will fit no problem, but maybe you will need new spacers.
          yea toto, i know the 4x1's on the website would fit. was just wondering if anybody ever tried that kind.

so you think the 4x1 1/4 will fit a zra series 1 with smaller spacers?

i'm trying to get out as cheap as possible with some 4" softrolls. i have 5x1,s on there now but i want to lower the front of my chair.

thanks donno, i didn't know the unitines were that cheap.

also, lol. has anybody seen or used these? or are they the regular hard rolling kind?

http://w.ivenue.com/Wheelchairparts_...in-pairs.rhtml

THANKS, guys.....

Comment

i would have to get the unitines or froglegs for the 4 x 1 1/4 to work. i've got exactly 4 1/4 between my zra 1 forks.

nobody ever tried the "SHOX COMFORT CASTERS 4x1" shown above?

Comment

I just got a pair of 5x1.4 frog legs for my ZRA Series 2 with the slipstream forks and the R6 bearings. Big improvement over the 1 inch casters from TiLite.

Comment

Originally posted by rollin64 View Post
                yea toto, i know the 4x1's on the website would fit. was just wondering if anybody ever tried that kind.

so you think the 4x1 1/4 will fit a zra series 1 with smaller spacers?

I don`t think it, they fit as you can see in the pic posted by SCI_OTR, that is a series 1 with std forks and 4x1.4" softroll casters, probably yo`ve got the forks with three holes, will be better for adjust it.

Comment

do the 4.5 or 4 1/4 softrolls have much turning resistance since they're kinda wide?

and donno....was it much hassle to put the unitines on your chair?

Comment

Turning is a breeze, and the casters are like little shock absorbers. Changing the forks was pretty easy, I just made sure that Sport aid had all of the correct information when I ordered the Unitines.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                      Turning is a breeze, and the casters are like little shock absorbers. Changing the forks was pretty easy, I just made sure that Sport aid had all of the correct information when I ordered the Unitines.
                      ppl have been saying when they give their CBTF floor measurements that their front end was higher, i DON'T want that. i want my front end lower. that's one reason i wanna go from 5x1 softrolls to 4x1 1/4 or 4.5" casters.

Comment

rollin64, here is a photo of a unitine installed on my ZRa series 1 with a 5" FL caster. It may help you in ordering unitines. It is 6 1/4" from the floor to the top of the bearing housing with the axle in the bottom hole on the fork. if you order yours the same way, the 4" casters will lower the front end 1/2" or 1" of you use the top hole.

Also, if you want to save a few bucks on a pair of 4" x 1.4" FL clear aluminum hub casters with ceramic bearings, I have a spare pair that I used about a week before I replaced them with 5". You can have them for $40 shipped.

Comment

donno i'm definitely interested in the 4 x 1 1/4 casters.

lemme ask you.....

right now i have 20" front seat to floor heighth. 16 1/2 CBTF w/5" casters. i want to drop the front an inch. what kind of measurement should i go with to drop an inch w/ 4" x 1 1/4 casters?

thanks for any help..... it sucks there's a $30 upcharge for zra s-1.

should i just call sportaid and tell em what i want to achieve?
                          Last edited by rollin64; 29 May 2012, 3:38 PM.

Comment

is this red line the top of your caster barrel? mine is different than yours. mine has black caster barrel instead of chromed like yours.

Comment

This is a slightly different question than the original post, but I thought it might be a good place to ask. I have frog legs caster forks, the older shock model (my chair was built in early 2008). The casters I currently have are HEAVY!

Two questions:

1) will these fit?
                              2) will these be lighter?

http://www.sportaid.com/5-frog-legs-...re-colors.html (I had planned to get the aluminum hub)

Or should I buy these direct from Frog Legs?

http://www.froglegsinc.com/index.php...d=10&Itemid=10
                              Last edited by Jim; 1 Apr 2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X