Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have the new Permobil C300 or C400 with 3G seating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have the new Permobil C300 or C400 with 3G seating?

Has anyone tried the new Permobil Corpus 3G seating system? If so, do you like it?

I've tried the seating system and I like it a lot. I can't compare it to the regular Corpus seating but the Corpus 3G has a lot of adjust ability to get the right comfort level that an individual needs. You can fine-tune the backrest, armrest, and legrest. I believe there's a few videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to adjust each feature. Here's a few photos of me with the Permobil M300 with the 3G seating. It's a really great chair!
    Chris - C5 incomplete since March 2002

Comment

Originally posted by saleenxp8 View Post
      I've tried the seating system and I like it a lot. I can't compare it to the regular Corpus seating but the Corpus 3G has a lot of adjust ability to get the right comfort level that an individual needs. You can fine-tune the backrest, armrest, and legrest. I believe there's a few videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to adjust each feature. Here's a few photos of me with the Permobil M300 with the 3G seating. It's a really great chair!
      Ooooo Shiny! That's one beautiful chair! Wish I could have gotten the M300, but it's 6.5" longer than my C400, so it wouldn't fit through the house. Does it go over curbs well? Are the arm rests easy to lift up and down? I have the old Corpus seating and the arm rests are the old heavy style.

Have you had any problems with the joystick or joystick cables breaking? My C400 has been in the shop for over a year with various problems, but the one thing that keeps coming up is a bad cable error.

Comment

My current chair is a P222se...and the M300 is definitely wider and a bit longer. So trying to get through narrow doorways has been a challenge. But the ride comfort is so much better since it has suspension. It does a pretty good job going over moderate curbs but i haven't tried any large curbs as of yet. Armrests are very easy to lift up. It has some weight but nothing like the bulky ones. No joystick problems but i have heard people giving complaints about the basic R-net led joysticks. Some people say they've experienced the led lights blinking randomly and others mentioned that the controller doesn't feel precise at times. The R-net controller I used had the non-color lcd display. I haven't heard anything about joystick cables breaking. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your C400. Have they tried replacing the whole controller to see if the "bad cable error" is corrected?

Comment

Originally posted by beatscookin View Post
          Have you had any problems with the joystick or joystick cables breaking? My C400 has been in the shop for over a year with various problems, but the one thing that keeps coming up is a bad cable error.
          I assume you mean your chair has been in and out of the shop over last year. I know these DME's have bad service but it couldn't be that bad?

Comment

Chris, apparently there's major problems with the joystick & cables, which are made by PG Drives Technology. I talked with a Permobil tech yesterday who acknowledged there are many complaints, but so far PG is not willing to recall the joysticks/cables or offer any solution. He said any of the joystick options for my C400 are going to have the same problem. This is maddening because it means all of us with the new PG joysticks are going to be in the same boat with cables breaking when we least expect it. On top of that, we're not just talking about 1 joystick cable, as there are 7-8 cables in the whole PG system that have a propensity to break. I'm absolutely stunned and not sure what to do at this point. I could refuse the chair and start all over again with a different brand, but I've been a Permobil user since 2001.

Wesley, sorry to say that yes, my chair has mostly been in the shop since December 2010. I've probably had it at home a total of 5 different days in that period of time. It's a nightmare of a story, so I'm not sure if you really want to get me started. Basically it's a result of a very poor vendor coupled with this joystick/cable problem. Unfortunately, they are the only vendor in town that work on Permobils.

Comment

Wheelchairs are considered medical devices and fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA. In my opinion joystick malfunctions constitute a safety hazard. As such, they should be reported to the FDA. The FDA has issued recalls on some faulty wheelchair problems and could possibly require the joystick manufacturer/Permobile to correct the problem. Go to the link below to file complaint:

http://www.fda.gov/default.htm
              You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
              http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
              http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Hi Chris,

Can you tell me anything about the drink holder on your chair?
                It looks like it is mounted on/under the armrest?

I also have an M300 Corpus 3G, and would like to find a drink
                holder like that.

Thanks
                Ron

Originally posted by saleenxp8 View Post

Comment

Hey Ron,
                  It's actually a factory Permobil cup holder that attaches to the armrest. The cup holder has two pins that slide into a channel underneath the armrest and it' very easy to remove/install.

Originally posted by Rononwheels View Post
                  Hi Chris,

Can you tell me anything about the drink holder on your chair?
                  It looks like it is mounted on/under the armrest?

I also have an M300 Corpus 3G, and would like to find a drink
                  holder like that.

Thanks
                  Ron

Comment

My m300 is only a couple of months old. I love the tight turning radius as well as the 3G seating. The seating is much more comfie than my c400 was. Also more comfy than my sons invacare fx. However, the chair has issues that are driving me NUTS. First, it was not put together well, some of that we resolved by tightening pieces here and there. Then, I noticed the recline started making a horrible grinding sound. The, the tilt starting making a different grinding noise. THEN, the seat elevator started making a loud click click click, jerking with every click.. NOW the motor is starting to make a sound intermittently.

Yes, I've made a lot of calls. Does anyone else have problems with the head support and arm rests? I'm still waiting on after market gel type arm rests with troughed inserts...the aftermarket head support won't adjust properly on this chair so it gives too much which hurts after riding in the car.

Comment

Anyone have the new Permobil C300 or C400 with 3G seating?

After a year and a half of nothing but problems with my "new" Permobil C400 lemon, my vendor has agreed to get me a new chair. Looks like the Permobil line has really changed this last year and a half with new dimensions and the new 3G seating system. Does anyone have the new C300 3G or C400 3G? I'm trying to decide which one is better.

I need a short seat to floor height, a short enough chair length to get through the tight corners in my house, and an arm rest that is light enough for me to lift up so I can transfer on my own.

There are known issues with the cables breaking on Permobils, but so far no solutions or time frame on when their sub contracter, PG Drives Technology (http://www.pgdt.com/) will make a better cable. So does anyone know of any other brands of power chairs that might be as good as Permobils used to be?
                      Last edited by beatscookin; 05-24-2012, 02:17 AM. Reason: corrected PNG to PG Drives Technology (http://www.pgdt.com/)

Comment

I have the 3G seating on my M300. It has a lot of flexibility when it comes to configuration. I got the mid-wheel drive because it was much more maneuverable in tight places. My DME tech and the
                        permobile rep brought front, rear, and mid-wheel drives to my house to try.

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
                          I have the 3G seating on my M300. It has a lot of flexibility when it comes to configuration. I got the mid-wheel drive because it was much more maneuverable in tight places. My DME tech and the
                          permobile rep brought front, rear, and mid-wheel drives to my house to try.
                          Thanks for your comment. Is it possible that no one here has the new Permobil C300 3G or C400 3G? Most posters seem to favor the new M300 or M400. Why did you go with the M300 instead of the C300/C400 series? The main advantage I see with the M300 series is the "Climbing and Traction Link system." But the chair length looks to be 41", which is longer than my current 11 year old Permobil Entra which is 40". I've got tight corners in my house, so I don't think I can go any longer. Any thoughts?

Comment

I think what you need to compare is the turning radius as opposed to length. The M300 is 20" and the C300 is 25".

Comment

I really dont know much about C300 but I can tell you that I have a M400 just 2 months old and I live in 16'by80' foot trailer house and I can get around it is tight but the chair can turn tight corners. I had a pride Q6000z that was only 3 years old that was a lemon insurance purchased the permobil this time I think all chair maker come up with lemons sometime but it sucks when we get one. The M400 is prefect for me as a inside chair and outside but maybe not for you hope you find the best chair for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X