colours/tilite rear axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colours/tilite rear axles

are colours rear axles the same size as a tilite zra?
    Last edited by rollin64; 05-18-2012, 03:36 PM. Reason: needed more explanation

the reason i'm asking is cause i won some spinergys on ebay and they have colours axles in them. i'm hoping they'll work on my tilite zra.

anybody know anything??????

Comment

I don't know, but if you mean the quick release axles, they should be the same diameter (i.e., 1/2"), but they might be a different length.

When I read your first post, I was thinking you meant camber tube - I really don't know that.

If they don't fit (i.e., wrong length), you can adjust them or get a pair the right length online (e.g., Sportaid). You might even be able to use your existing axles in the Spinergies.

If they are the wrong diameter (which I doubt), you may be able to change out the bearings to fit the right diameter.

Congrats on winning the set!! I bet they'll work.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

The diameter will definitely fit, and if the length is too long, you can get 1/2" i.d. brass washers that will allow you to use the axles. There is a little adjustment to the length of the axles if they miss by < 1/4".
        Don - Grad Student Emeritus
        T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

thanks for the help fellaS...........

Comment

This is a chart I used about two years ago. If it is still relevant it looks like TiLite and Colours axles / wheels should be compatible.

Comment

Happy day, free Spinny's!

..and if you happen to need to order different length axles (or anyone else is interested) I order from wheelchairparts.net because they are about one third the price of anywhere else. http://w.ivenue.com/Wheelchairparts_...ar-wheel.rhtml

Comment

Working...
              X