Wheelchair needs/requirements analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair needs/requirements analysis

We are at the beginning stage to purchase a new ultralight wheelchair along with a power assist device. After some fairly exhaustive research, I don't see any good needs/requirements information for initiating the process to determine the nature and scope of our needs.

I work in software development, and analyzing needs/requirements is always the first stage of the initiating stage:
    • analyzing the needs/requirements in measurable goals
    • reviewing of the current operations
    • financial analysis of the costs and benefits including a budget
    • stakeholder analysis, including user, and support personnel
    • project charter including costs, tasks, deliverables, and schedule

We are going to have a tough fight to get financing and it would be great if I could find an existing methodology for this, i.e., templates. I would much rather deliver this information up-front than to need to deal with the bureaucratic hassles.

Any input?

N.B. We live in Holland, so things work differently than in the U.S. with insurance, Medicare, etc. and I will need to justify everything.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Here is a template that helps break down the needs and = justification. It has been helpful in assisting me break down what I want and need.
    https://www.emedny.org/providermanua...ate%203-09.pdf
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Thanks @cheesecake. That is the type of information I am looking for. We have to convince them why a power wheelchair is not working for us.
      Last edited by elarson; 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM.
      Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Working...
      X