Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres a idea for getting on and off Handcycles

http://bike-on.com/product/bike-on-h...-seat-1874.htm

Looks like it could also be used of course for bathtubs and swimming pools. I'm thinking about getting one of these. It would be great for using the swimming pool where I live since they will not put in a pool lift.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I see it goes to 19.5" high, wonder if it could be modified (maybe platform under base) for high hotel beds. In any case a great contraption they should sell a bunch.

Comment

I like that! I have a high seat handcycle, b.c I can/t manage the transfer otherwise.
      T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post

Looks like it could also be used of course for bathtubs and swimming pools. I'm thinking about getting one of these. It would be great for using the swimming pool where I live since they will not put in a pool lift.

Yea .... further down the page they mention
        Invacare makes this Bath Lift Seat, we borrow it for handcycling!
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
          Yea .... further down the page they mention
          Looks like a good use, Scott at bike-on is always thinking about these things to get more people out there riding.

I really like the use for getting me down to the ground for going into the pool. I get very nervous jumping down to the chaise lounge and then to the ground, one of these day's I'm going to take a bad fall.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Looks interesting. I imagine it's a plug in and not battery operated.

Comment

Nope, battery operated, uses a small 3.5 ah battery that you recharge after every use. Only weighs around 20 lbs, looks interesting and useful. I have a tub that I do not use very much, with this I'd used it more. It can be fully immersed in water.

A company named Ameriglide makes one too for less $$$. You do not get the plywood platform and hardware though like you do from Bike-on.com.

Anybody have one of these lifts?
              "Life is about how you
              respond to not only the
              you have no goals, no
              mountains to climb, your
              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

http://bike-on.com/product/bike-on-h...-seat-1874.htm

A quadriplegic friend of mine uses the swing out Braun lift on his wheelchair to get on/off his low slung Top End handcycle.

Comment

...one of these day's I'm going to take a bad fall.

That thing would pay for itself if it prevented just one fall. It should be included with some of the new handcycles that sit about two inches off the ground! It's a heck of a transfer.

Comment

yea, looks great! buuuut, $695?!?!?!!!! why does everythin have to be so damn exspensive?! i wonder where you guys that already have these neat things get your money...

Comment

Oh that is just awesome!...yeah $695 is pricey, but if you are right into going to the pool or the handbiking, it'd be very good.

I'm starting to wonder why all wheelchairs cant have a lifting/lowering aspect, manual chairs probably be impractical, but all power chairs?

Like, I can now transfer off my manual chair right (down) onto out lounge suite but, back the (up) other way...i need some help. an adjusting height wheelchair would be awesome.
                      "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Comment

Originally posted by WahWah View Post
                        Like, I can now transfer off my manual chair right (down) onto out lounge suite but, back the (up) other way...i need some help.
                        just remember the "head/hip" relationship - the lower your head goes while transferring (long-armed with your elbows locked) the higher your hips while come. It feels really awkward at first to lower your head, seems counter-intuitive, but once you get your butt up where it needs to be the rest of your body will follow. That, and don't stop trying.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                          just remember the "head/hip" relationship - the lower your head goes while transferring (long-armed with your elbows locked) the higher your hips while come. It feels really awkward at first to lower your head, seems counter-intuitive, but once you get your butt up where it needs to be the rest of your body will follow. That, and don't stop trying.
                          I call that the "butt-head" principle? ;-) And it works- your butt will always go opposite of your head.

Comment

h/c lift

Curt, This lift would work great on the dock getting out of the Martin.

Comment

why does everything have to be so expensive!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X