v front verse tapered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v front verse tapered

whats your thoughts on these 2 front styles and is one better than the other
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I have a tapered front end, and I can stand (have some leg strength/feeling/control). Next chair, I'll order a V front. When I lean back against a wall to rest, the bump in the tapered front is uncomfortable under my calves. But I've never had a V front, so I don't know if there may be something I don't like about it.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
      I have a tapered front end....Next chair, I'll order a V front. ...But I've never had a V front, so I don't know if there may be something I don't like about it.
      x2.....
      C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

ive had both, currently v-front, and ill stick with it. looks neater, more streamlined, frame bars follow my legs instead of highlighting them. and i agree with what chas said about how the taper can cause extra pressure (i have full sensation so its obvious to me too)

Comment

I have a tapered front end and like it. Keeps my legs from splaying:

Don't have sensation so don't feel any pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
            I have a tapered front end and like it. Keeps my legs from splaying:

Don't have sensation so don't feel any pressure.
            What keep your legs from splaying is having a correct width of footplate, so don`t worry if is tapered or V, i prefer V fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
              What keep your legs from splaying is having a correct width of footplate, so don`t worry if is tapered or V, i prefer V fronts.
              Yeah, you are probably right. I like the way the taper looks better then the V, how is that for a reason

Comment

I heard your mom has a nice, tapered front end.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                  I heard your mom has a nice, tapered front end.
                  She does! Your mom has a FSH of 0 and a RSH of 16 whenever I see her...

Comment

I prefer no taper

Comment

seems the v would get into tighter places though correct and im thinin the v would be better on the legs rubbing the tapered frame

Comment

I have a tapered frame and I like it. I currently hang my left leg over the frame most of the time due to knee pain. The taper and placement of my caster wing is perfect for me lol. Though I'm hoping I won't always be doing so because I'm a bit worried of it causing issues years down the line like exacerbating my back from sitting uneven.
                        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

anyone else have thoughts on this

Comment

will the v help keep my legs from rubbing the frame
                            does the v give more inbetween room for transfering

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                              It's having correct height, more so than width of footplate.

Comment

Working...
                              X