Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand contols in car instead of van???!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    Its hard to tell everything from one pic but

    I don't like where the pedal mounts are or and or any of the angles.

    I would had more than likely wanted to install a Dadc hand control and made a custom brake mounting bracket if needed.

    Do you have any mobility dealers and or a good fabricator near you?

    If the car mechanic doesn't see the problems, he was the wrong person to do the installation and or make any adjustments.
    Nope, just normal mechanic can be found.
    What I see is, the whole thing should install more to the right.

    And the brake bracket should install to right side of the brake, what do you think?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by sowseng View Post
      Nope, just normal mechanic can be found.
      What I see is, the whole thing should install more to the right.

      And the brake bracket should install to right side of the brake, what do you think?
      as long as it doesn't interfere with anything else that and the same for the gas pedal would be a good start.
      Jim, MA, MMET
      Bridgewater, MA

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
        as long as it doesn't interfere with anything else that and the same for the gas pedal would be a good start.
        I change joint from left to right, and it become smoother.

        Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

        Comment


          #19
          Now move the gas rod to the other side

          The gas rod looks very close to the brake rod.

          I really wish you had the ability to bring your car to someone qualified to install hand controls.
          Jim, MA, MMET
          Bridgewater, MA

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
            Now move the gas rod to the other side

            The gas rod looks very close to the brake rod.

            I really wish you had the ability to bring your car to someone qualified to install hand controls.
            No one is qualify in Malaysia, most mechanic are heartless and mindless.

            What is in my mind, I should extend the L bar that control the accelerate rod. Or shift the entire hand control more to the right, if so, I need to ask someone to custome made mounting bracket.
            Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by sowseng View Post
              No one is qualify in Malaysia, most mechanic are heartless and mindless.

              What is in my mind, I should extend the L bar that control the accelerate rod. Or shift the entire hand control more to the right, if so, I need to ask someone to custome made mounting bracket.
              If you don't think flipping the gas mount to the other side will work, just move it a little higher on the gas pedal to move it away from the brake mounting point.

              don't move the hand control farther to the right and don't extend the rod that drives the gas.

              imho: you would be much better off with a different hand control something like a DADC hand control.
              Jim, MA, MMET
              Bridgewater, MA

              Comment


                #22
                looks to me you could've just removed and flipped the brake rod overand maybe gained some clearance, hard to tell from just looking at pics.

                Comment

                Working...
                X