No announcement yet.

Round Betty Dino vs. Spinergy LX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a new user you are of course entitled to your opinion however I did mention that my Zra had 6 degrees of camber so of course that would put a lateral force on the wheels which is what I attributed the the flexing to not pushing

I am now using an Icon with 4 degrees of camber but still run RBs

Originally posted by Creaking_Gate View Post
    I like the look of the chunky spokes on the Betty's, nice . The advertising blurb on my local dealer's website mentions how much more stiffer and efficient (pushing wise) the Dino's are compared to all other wheels. But I'm dubious because with the wheelchair user, the pushing force is directed at the rim so surely spoke flex wouldn't come into it, unlike cycle riders? Mmmm I don't know, and this thread is SO OLD, but's it's new me being a new member and I just wanted to give my 'two penneth worth' Plus any of the premium wheels have got to be better the zillion spoke bicycle type wheels on my chair

Comment

It's a smiley kind of day I guess.
      Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

personally i do like the look of the dinos thicker spokes for some reason but prefer the spinergy wheel as a whole, saying that i love my topolinos very stealthy and smooth, but my next pair of wheel might even be the new spinergy xslx wheels i just think they look great, the xlx with much less spokes looks strange to me, but each to their own i guess :P

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
          It's a smiley kind of day I guess.
          every day is!

Comment

3 years later and this thread really helped me! Decided to cancel LX's and go for RB Dinos with orange spokes

Comment

Originally posted by Quazatron View Post
              3 years later and this thread really helped me! Decided to cancel LX's and go for RB Dinos with orange spokes
              Man, I love this thread

Comment

My TiLite ZR with its orange Dinos.
                Attached Files
                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

My TR with its red Dinos.

Not pictured and in current use, a set of carbon fiber Spinergy Blade wheels.
                  Attached Files
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Thanks Stephen, they look awesome! On the orange pic - did you buy the orange handrim screws or did the Dinos come with them?

Comment

Thanks Stephen, they look awesome! On the orange pic - did you buy the orange handrim screws or did the Dinos come with them?
                      Good eye. I bought the fasteners from a company called Pro-Bolt. (I actually don't have the orange Dinos anymore. I gave them to a friend in need. Still have the red Dinos, the Spinergy Blades, and a set of Topolinos. That's all one person needs.)
                      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Awesome - Pro-Bolt are not only in the UK too, but there's a supplier in my town

Comment

i know pro-bolt, i got things from them for my motorbike at the time, i would like to replace my bolts on my topolinos to red, and also the red screws that come with the new spinergy blades but i dont know what thread type etc they are could you let me know which bolts/screws you bought? thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X