No announcement yet.

Round Betty Dino vs. Spinergy LX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you order tires do they come with tubes? Or do you have to buy those in addition? Also, the other day I was reading that Right Runs say they can be used with standard tubes, so if I got them I could use my current tubes from my grey everyday tires?

Why do none of the wheel options offer purple?! Purple is an option for anodizing, such as aluminum FLSRs. They need to offer purple wheels/spokes to match! Oh well, since I can't afford nice wheels I'm spray painting my spokes purple for now
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Lin View Post
      Why do none of the wheel options offer purple?!

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
        I am thinking about going for an all welded chair, hook me up with one of those oracing chairs and I will say great things about them...
        I don`t think i would have to do it for speak great things about them, just have a look at their impact guards and you can imaginate what is behing, that is only done in expensive sport cars wheels.

Comment

Tooley, nice! Theyre so much more expensive though. and not being as common as spinergy, I doubt I'll run into any used ones on ebay

i figure if when I'm ready I find a good set on ebay, I can buy what color spokes I want (separately) and still be cheaper than new ones.
          Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
            Call me 'old school', but I'm a fan of the LX.
            Call me 'older school', but I'm a fan of SPOX.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
              I don`t think i would have to do it for speak great things about them, just have a look at their impact guards and you can imaginate what is behing, that is only done in expensive sport cars wheels.
              Wow, that is nice. The TiLite impact guards are crap. I went through 3 sets before I got tired of spending over a hundred bucks on something that only lasts 3 or 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                Call me 'older school', but I'm a fan of SPOX.
                Agreed, that one is much better than the lx, yes a bit heavier and not as cooler because has more spokes, but better, i`m a fan of the spox specially the spox sport with 24 spokes, among others of course.

Comment

Wow, that is nice. The TiLite impact guards are crap. I went through 3 sets before I got tired of spending over a hundred bucks on something that only lasts 3 or 4 months.

I gave up on OEM impact guards. I've started using Lizard Skinz super jumbo chain stay protectors. $8 each, come in a variety of colors, Velcro closure, 1/8" neoprene. Super jumbo fits the 1.375" tube on my chair perfectly, when stretched to the max. I think they'd fit 1.25" TiLite just right. They may not last much longer than OEM, but for $8 they are perfect, IMO.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
                    Thanks for all the good help every body! I would be lost without this site and everybody on here. I just ordered Dinos black hub/red spokes with marathon plus evolution tires.
                    after seeing the pictures of stephans wheels i decided to add some color to mine.

Will they come with the tires already mounted on the rims. What about tubes? i noticed the order form for lx's have a option for thorn resistant tubes but the dinos didnt say anything about tubes.

Thanks again
                    Good luck with your RBs... Post pics when you get em... I've got one set of LXs in the same color combo( with black hand rims) .... Like that look...

You will have tubes with your tires but don't need the thorn resistant type because Marathon Plus has a Kevlar liner.... Long lasting tough tires... You'll like em

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                      I gave up on OEM impact guards. I've started using Lizard Skinz super jumbo chain stay protectors. $8 each, come in a variety of colors, Velcro closure, 1/8" neoprene. Super jumbo fits the 1.375" tube on my chair perfectly, when stretched to the max. I think they'd fit 1.25" TiLite just right. They may not last much longer than OEM, but for $8 they are perfect, IMO.
                      Cool, thanks! I had tried wrapping with lizard skin handlebar tape but that would eventually start to unravel. Will give those a shot (as long as then come in some other color )

Comment

this is off topic, but what is the purpose of getting thorn resistant tubes? I've never had a flat. I don't really plan on rolling in to a thorn bush or anything, so why spend the extra money, plus they have got to weigh more.

Comment

i was asking about the thorn resistant tubes because with my current setup i got a flat once from rolling around on a deck that had a nail sticking up with no head on it so it was sharp. Luckily it was my tire rather than somebodies foot.
                          c6 inc since 2-19-11
                          ex pro-am motocross racer
                          tilite aero z s2

Comment

my dinos came today! black hubs, red spokes. the anodizing looks great, i was getting compliments without even mentioning the wheels. the spokes are thinner than i expected but much thicker than a standard steel spoke.

i ordered direct from roundbetty.com, shipping took a couple of weeks. they arrived completely assembled with the hubs wrapped in bubblewrap. i was expecting plain pushrims but they came with black - not a big deal.

mine are mounted up with marathon plus evo reflex - "reflex" just means that there's a reflective strip on the sides of the tire for better nighttime visibility. they are noticably heavier than my standard invacare/topend stock wheels with gray primos. i'd like to get a more accurate weight comparison by mounting up the same tires on those wheels, but i'm lazy and running out of money. even though the dinos are heavier, they are easier to handle because of shape of the hub and fewer spokes.

they are super responsive when pushing around. i'm really enjoying them, but now i'm curious to feel spinergys!

p.s. my stock 5" axles fit the dinos, so the bearing spacing in the hub is the same as my stock wheel (if that's important to anyone).
                            Last edited by lacesoutvic; 01-30-2013, 12:55 AM.
                            T6 incomplete - 14 october 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lacesoutvic View Post
                              mine are mounted up with marathon plus evo reflex - "reflex" just means that there's a reflective strip on the sides of the tire for better nighttime visibility. they are noticably heavier than my standard invacare/topend stock wheels with gray primos.).
                              The tires makes them heavier, a marathon plus is a heavy tire, probable around .5lbs more than a primo.

Comment

I have both and I prefer the Round Betty's. I do not notice the weight difference and I like how the Betty's are stiffer. My chair has 6 degree's of camber and the LX's flex way too much for my taste. The betty's are great wheels.
                                I like the look of the chunky spokes on the Betty's, nice . The advertising blurb on my local dealer's website mentions how much more stiffer and efficient (pushing wise) the Dino's are compared to all other wheels. But I'm dubious because with the wheelchair user, the pushing force is directed at the rim so surely spoke flex wouldn't come into it, unlike cycle riders? Mmmm I don't know, and this thread is SO OLD, but's it's new me being a new member and I just wanted to give my 'two penneth worth' Plus any of the premium wheels have got to be better the zillion spoke bicycle type wheels on my chair

Comment

Working...
                                X