GoShiChi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoShiChi

I'm bummed out tonight because of progress (or lack of) on my GoShiChi conversion. My truck was shipped out to them more than 8 weeks ago. I called my local dealer to check on the status of the truck- they found out it had not even been started!! I talked to Steve in Nov. and was told that the turnaround time was still at 6 weeks. Now I'm hearing words that I don't like to hear about the co. - "buyout" and "reorganization". This is alarming if true- the dealers were not made aware of this. Now I'm starting to wonder about my sizeable investment ( $50K so far) in this conversion. GoShiChi has not returned my calls or e-mails. I hope that Steve, or someone, can give me some reassurance that my investment is safe. I will keep you posted as I learn more. Until then, "let the buyer beware".
    4xquad

Phil, I am moving your thread to Work, School, & Money.

Good Luck.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

This has nothing to do with work, school or money.

Not even a returned email? I'd be losing it.

Comment

Go ShiChi

I don't know why this was moved either- it seemed better suited to general news. Knowing that other members are thinking of this conversion, I just wanted to pass along what I've been able to find out about the company. It appears that GoShiChi has been bought out by Kelley Auto Group- you can Google and make your own conclusion on them. I was able to speak to a co. rep. today and all I got was how great the new group was going to be. What I wanted was an approx. of when my truck would be done. What I was told is that there are 53 units in waiting- some from as far back as last summer?? Not acceptable in my world. The rep. (Jeremiah) did little to calm my fears. If you, like me, have your truck in the system it might be a good idea to let your dealer know about our concerns;
        4xquad

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Truck, Phil. I think Pete (braswells) has a goshichi truck conversion, maybe ask him how long it took for him to get his truck back.

I think this thread belongs in the Equipment forum.
          A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by PN View Post
            Phil, I am moving your thread to Work, School, & Money.

Good Luck.
            Are you sure it doesn't belong in Relationships & Sexuality?

Phil Bishop, I've been in similar situations. You're going to
            have to annoy the shit out of them.

Comment

Go ShiChi

Any forum that gets the message out is fine with me. I never really expected the 6 week timeline to be met. What I do believe is that the dealers should have been given a heads-up so they could let their clients know something was in the works. Even after the deal was made they had to dig to find out what was going on. Not a very professional way to keep a good clientel base.
              4xquad

Comment

Go ShiChi

Buck- you may be on to something. I do plan on making sure they don't want me as a return customer.
                4xquad

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Bishop View Post
                  Buck- you may be on to something. I do plan on making sure they don't want me as a return customer.
                  My situation was with Carmax in '09. I was trading in a car
                  that I had just paid off, but because the payoff check hadn't
                  cleared yet, Carmax needed me to write them a check for the
                  payoff amount along with the down payment. They promised that
                  I'd get my money back within a couple weeks. Well, eight weeks
                  later, after numerous calls and excuses from their financial
                  department, I finally got my $8000 back. Not near the amount of
                  money you're dealing with, but still an inconvenience.

Comment

Hello I have a Goshichi Pickup truck that I had converted back in 2010 when they first started and it took a while for mine to because they wanted to make sure that everything was done properly. Nothing is worse that getting your vehicle back and having to return it because something goes wrong. Keep in mind that the dealer may have given you incorrect info on timing to make a sale. I worked for dealerships in the past and they have a habit of lying to make the sale. Steve and the guys at Goschichi have been very good to me since my truck conversion. I know that it is frustrating because you want your vehicle but to me it was better for the vehicle to be working properly then rushing through it and it needing to go back. Sorry to put in my opinion but I was one of the first vehicle on the street with this lift and it is great. I had more issues with my truck then with the conversion. These guys have always been great.

Comment

I totally agree that this should be in equipment!! We all should know about the outcome on this one. I normally don´t have any issues with what goes on in CC, but transferring this to work, school and money? What could possibly have been the though process here??

Anyways, another request to move it back and best of luck to the OP. I have thought myself many times about ordering. Glad I never did.
                      T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

Go ShiChi

krew99- My main concern right now is not when it will get done, but rather if it will get done. The rep. told me that 53 units are in line and that production was nearly at a standsill "temporarily". Mine has been there for 2 months and has not been started. I have seen and been inside the conversions, and agree that they are well done. I can only hope they don't mess up a good product.
                        4xquad

Comment

krew99- My main concern right now is not when it will get done, but rather if it will get done. The rep. told me that 53 units are in line and that production was nearly at a standsill "temporarily". Mine has been there for 2 months and has not been started. I have seen and been inside the conversions, and agree that they are well done. I can only hope they don't mess up a good product.
                          2 months, that's terrible. I understand it takes weeks to do the conversions but it shouldn't take months. My mind goes all over the place and I'd be worried that people were drivng my vehicle to run personal errands (I'm not saying they are) but the thought would be in my head. Good luck.

Comment

That's gone through my mind too. I have to believe that they're more professional than that, but being a few thousand miles away I guess a person has to have a little faith.
                            4xquad

Comment

That's gone through my mind too. I have to believe that they're more professional than that, but being a few thousand miles away I guess a person has to have a little faith.
                              I'm sure they are. I assume you took the mileage on your vehicle though. What truck did you buy?

Comment

Working...
                              X