Icon Wheelchairs - my chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon Wheelchairs - my chair

I"ve been getting kind of odd messages from people who are asking whether I'm using an Icon myself, so........here are the specs and some pictures of my personal chair:

Frog Legs aluminum billet 4" fronts
    Topolino 25" rears
    DT Swiss shock
    Icon carbon seat upgrade
    ADI Carbon back - 13" wide by 10" high
    Folding back
    Icon sideguards
    22.3 pounds as it sits, with around 1.75 pounds in weight penalties (sideguards, aluminum wheels, folding back), a 1.5 pound weight advantage with the carbon seat upgrade, and another small weight advantage (DT Swiss shock). Amazingly, the ADI carbon back is the same weight as the upholstery back - this isn't to say the upholstery is heavy - the ADI is mind-bogglingly light. When I got it delivered to my hotel, the person behind the desk asked me (jokingly) if the box had anything in it.

I think I'm going to swap the Topolinos for a set of Spinergy LX - I was testing the Topolinos, and they're nice wheels, but I'm having trouble reaching through the wheel when I'm loading my chair into the car, so I'm going to go with Spinergy.
    Last edited by JeffAdams; 14 Jan 2012, 9:00 PM. Reason: to add the weight advantage of the carbon seat upgrade

I respect a man that sits their behind in their product.

Comment

That is well setup. Nice looking, too. Interesting to see the fixed elite hardware on the 10" ADI is now dual brackets on both sides. Hadn't seen that before. All mine have only had one bracket per side, in the past.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
        I respect a man that sits their behind in their product.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
          That is well setup. Nice looking, too. Interesting to see the fixed elite hardware on the 10" ADI is now dual brackets on both sides. Hadn't seen that before. All mine have only had one bracket per side, in the past.
          Unless they just changed over, it still is. Perhaps it's due to the 13" width. It looks like there is only one SHCS per clamp. The single bracket uses two per clamp.

Comment

It's new hardware - works really well for positioning the back, is solid as a rock, looks strong, and is very light.

Comment

That may even be the newer e-clamp adjustable bracket.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

[ATTACH]43450[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43451[/ATTACH]

Comment

So, how do you like it?

Comment

It's ok - I just wish it came with a Kelly Green ano package and tattoo patterns, then I'd fork out the money. I got it for free, so I'll keep it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
                      It's ok - I just wish it came with a Kelly Green ano package and tattoo patterns, then I'd fork out the money. I got it for free, so I'll keep it I guess.
                      what about some fancy Glance wheels, that'd make it sweet

Comment

Drool, f#cking drool. You should dangle food in front of the starving and show pictures of your family to orphans. Okay, I'm being ridiculous but I want my Icon!

Drool.

Btw, great pictures.
                        Last edited by grommet; 14 Jan 2012, 9:42 PM.

Comment

Jeff,

I can't figure what's holding your cushion in place. Is it only the sideguards? Wouldn't the cushion slide forward on declines? I've been wondering about this for a while because I haven't noticed any velcro on the Icons. Did I just miss it?

Comment

The double-sided clamps on the ADI may have evolved as a solution to the creakiness that was common to their single-sided clamp design.

The ADI back on my ZR2 has single-sided clamp but it doesn't completely encircle the 1.25" diameter tubing and thus far has been noise free.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Jeff,

Blindfold on, what distinguishes the ride between the Icon and the Marvel?
                              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                              X