Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics/remarks of Icon?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I was told that they could mount a tube under the seat that you could attach removable side guards to. The only regular option is fixed side guards.

    Comment


      That chair rocks! Would you mind sharing what the weight is?

      Comment


        Originally posted by yberry View Post
        That chair rocks! Would you mind sharing what the weight is?
        It depends on configuration & accessories. Lowest possible weight: 20.3lbs.

        Comment


          Originally posted by jgrant27 View Post
          I was told that they could mount a tube under the seat that you could attach removable side guards to. The only regular option is fixed side guards.
          Ok thanks yes I would definitely need that. Jeff feel free to chime in

          Comment


            Mounting a bracket would be possible, but would have to be done by a dealer right now, we don't offer removable side-guards right now.

            We have removable armrests, so the interface is there which would make it pretty straightforward.

            What's the situation where removable side-guards are necessary?

            Comment


              Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
              Mounting a bracket would be possible, but would have to be done by a dealer right now, we don't offer removable side-guards right now.

              We have removable armrests, so the interface is there which would make it pretty straightforward.

              What's the situation where removable side-guards are necessary?
              I haven't been able to yet master transfers without using a board.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
                Mounting a bracket would be possible, but would have to be done by a dealer right now, we don't offer removable side-guards right now.

                We have removable armrests, so the interface is there which would make it pretty straightforward.

                What's the situation where removable side-guards are necessary?
                Jeff - right now I load a cantilevered frame chair into my Honda Element by putting it behind the driver's seat. We tried, and failed, to fit the Icon in with the permanent side guards. It would still be a tight fit, but do-able without them.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SequinScandal View Post
                  I haven't been able to yet master transfers without using a board.
                  I use a board for most transfers (level: C6). Depending on transfer technique, sideguards may not get in the way if you can rotate/pivot yourself out the front of the seat.

                  Originally posted by aduboyce51
                  Hi, My name is Alan, I am new to this site. I am a T-3 Para, no trunk muscle & Paralysis nipple line, and have used a chair for 28 years, from 22 years old to now 51 years old. I just bought a Tilite ZR Series 2 with a 3" dump. 20 Front, & 17 Back, also I am going with a 10 " ADI Aluminum Back. I sit on a Jay Active Cushion. Chair is 17'wide x 16". I think 3" of dump is a great measurement for T-3 Para, You still are sitting in Your chair, and it is easier to transfer. I have a Tilite Aero Z and tried 4" of dump, and I found that I was having to pull Myself out of a hole to transfer, and when I was wheeling, I also found that I had to lean way over frontward to get a good push, and was always Lifting to push Myself to the back of the chair. Bottom line 3" Dump is great for a T-3 Para complete , I have no trunk muscle , but good balance. Thanks Alan
                  Yeah, well the Icon allows users to adjust the dump with a turn of a wrench.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by aduboyce51
                    Hi, My name is Alan, I am new to this site. I am a T-3 Para, no trunk muscle & Paralysis nipple line, and have used a chair for 28 years, from 22 years old to now 51 years old. I just bought a Tilite ZR Series 2 with a 3" dump. 20 Front, & 17 Back, also I am going with a 10 " ADI Aluminum Back. I sit on a Jay Active Cushion. Chair is 17'wide x 16". I think 3" of dump is a great measurement for T-3 Para, You still are sitting in Your chair, and it is easier to transfer. I have a Tilite Aero Z and tried 4" of dump, and I found that I was having to pull Myself out of a hole to transfer, and when I was wheeling, I also found that I had to lean way over frontward to get a good push, and was always Lifting to push Myself to the back of the chair. Bottom line 3" Dump is great for a T-3 Para complete , I have no trunk muscle , but good balance. Thanks Alan
                    Who asked your set-up and what the hell does this have to do with a thread about an Icon?

                    Comment


                      A bit touchy there, jschism just let it go . . .
                      Chas
                      TiLite TR3
                      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

                      "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                      <
                      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X