Pics/remarks of Icon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff,

Regarding "Here's a challenge to everyone - name another sophisticated vehicle that doesn't have suspension."

Some $6-figure sailboats and some $8-figure submarines exhibit no suspension whatsoever other than the cushion (like a wheelchair cushion) in the seats.

Just for Fun

Comment

Ok - forget my initial question - answer this, smarty pantses:

Name one food that wouldn't be made better by either (not both) chocolate or bacon.

THERE IS NO SUCH FOOD!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
        Ok - forget my initial question - answer this, smarty pantses:

Name one food that wouldn't be made better by either (not both) chocolate or bacon.

THERE IS NO SUCH FOOD!!!!
        Herring in cream sauce. I could go on.
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
          Titanium is an excellent metal, but like as much times i have said, the only advantange for a wheelchair is that is harder to get scratched.

That is the only reason I like it.
          Adaptive Sports Forums.com
          http://adaptivesportsforums.com
          Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
            Herring in cream sauce. I could go on.
            Bacon
            Adaptive Sports Forums.com
            http://adaptivesportsforums.com
            Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Comment

Jeff, you have obviously have had your head buried in wheelchair design far too long (thank you) not to think of hang gliders, yachts, subs, herring in cream sauce, and bacon itself. Please don't give up your day job
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I won't go down that easily - herring in cream sauce is likely disgusting, but the point is that it's made better by bacon - maybe still terrible, but undeniably better.

Even bacon is made better by bacon:

http://bacontoday.com/bacon-wrapped-...the-challenge/

Comment

It may look disgusting, especially in this photo, but it's delectable. And bacon would kill it.
                  http://www.zabars.com/pickled-herrin...efault,pd.html

And, frankly . . . er, baconly . . . this is gross.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
                    Jeff,

Regarding "Here's a challenge to everyone - name another sophisticated vehicle that doesn't have suspension."

Some $6-figure sailboats and some $8-figure submarines exhibit no suspension whatsoever other than the cushion (like a wheelchair cushion) in the seats.

Just for Fun
                    My second answer was a derigible. Which is also made more awesome with bacon or chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                      And, frankly . . . er, baconly . . . this is gross.
                      Makes my mouth water, where can I get one?
                      Most everything I say is

Comment

Originally posted by My395 View Post
                        That is the only reason I like it.
                        Definitly is a good reason always if your choice is a not painted frame.
                        But for guys who don`t have the money for a titanium one, front impact guards in a painted aluminium frame will do the job too.

Comment

Agreed - lizardskins make frame protection that are pretty much perfect, and $8.

http://lizardskins.com/store/product...ike-protection

Comment

Peanut gallery suggestion:

Jeff, The front edge of the footrest takes the brunt of abuse on most wheelchairs, and you can see scrape wear on juggular's brand new Icon. You might consider either not finishing the footrest tubing in black or fabricate it in <cough> titanium to hold up better cosmetically.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
                              Jeff,

Just for Fun
                              Check out Statement powerboats; full cockpit suspension!! (even on the full Center Console cockpit)

Comment

Every Tour de France bike was suspension free this year... and last year.... and the year before.. Ok, there were some SoftRide equipped bikes, but no active suspension. I understand that titanium would have to be tailored to the rider weight- I'm not referring to any kind of "damping", just flex, like in the aforementioned SoftRide... So it would not work so well for that purpose, I was just tossing it out, but should have just thrown it away ;-) Lest anyone get the wrong impression, I know titanium is not always the best material for a chair (or bike) and as far as why motorcycles don't use it- it is too flexible for the large forces a motorized bike can put on the frame.
                                Seems that getting one without a shock fits in with the philosophy Icon has, which is one I love. Completely upgradeable and modifiable. Why the sudden resistance to making the chair cheaper and more personalized? I don't know the details, so help me understand what the issues are?

Comment

Working...
                                X