Quickie All Court Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickie All Court Question....

Is there a Replacement Bolt Kit available?

Has anyone used Grade 8 bolts to replace the original factory bolts?
    Never Give Up!

You may want check with the wheelchairs manufacturer. They could supply the replacement parts. Grade 8 bolts are made for strength and durability so it could be a good choice, but I would consider if using non OEM parts void the warranty.

Comment

I replaced virtually all the factory nuts, washers, and bolts on my TiLite AeroZ1 with stainless steel (18-8) in low-stress places (e.g., caster, footrest, seat-pan, and seat-back mounting) and with chromed grade 8 in high-stress places (e.g., camber-tube mounts). I bought most of the hardware at my local Fastenal store, and a few pieces at Ace Hardware. Total cost was about $220 US. Visit the AeroZ link in my signature for pics. To identify the needed hardware, I labored for hours through each assemblies' parts list at TiLite's eStore.

(Here are pics with stock fasteners.)
      Last edited by chasmengr; 12-26-2011, 08:39 PM. Reason: add pic
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by bret View Post
        You may want check with the wheelchairs manufacturer. They could supply the replacement parts. Grade 8 bolts are made for strength and durability so it could be a good choice, but I would consider if using non OEM parts void the warranty.
        My thoughts exactly on the warranty! I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully they're open.
        Never Give Up!

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
          I replaced virtually all the factory nuts, washers, and bolts on my TiLite AeroZ1 with stainless steel (18-8) in low-stress places (e.g., caster, footrest, seat-pan, and seat-back mounting) and with chromed grade 8 in high-stress places (e.g., camber-tube mounts). I bought most of the hardware at my local Fastenal store, and a few pieces at Ace Hardware. Total cost was about $220 US. Visit the AeroZ link in my signature for pics. To identify the needed hardware, I labored for hours through each assemblies' parts list at TiLite's eStore.

[ATTACH]43188[/ATTACH]

(Here are pics with stock fasteners.)
          Thanks! I'm going to check about the warranty issue and replace all the bolts if there's no problem.
          Never Give Up!

Comment

Working...
          X