Does Q7 consider as custom made chair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Q7 consider as custom made chair?

Friends from China tell me that, their Quickie dealer said Q7 is a custom made chair.

Is it so ?

I thought they are just customized right?
    Like icon just joint up the parts we need and that's it, right?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
    Friends from China tell me that, their Quickie dealer said Q7 is a custom made chair.

Is it so ?

I thought they are just customized right?
    Like icon just joint up the parts we need and that's it, right?
    q7 a custom made wheelchair?

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
      q7 a custom made wheelchair?
      Like Tilite ? Weld only when they received order? GTi as well ?

Like Oracing?

If so why it has stock at the dealer ?

Comment

There might be something lost in translation. Pretty sure that quickie frames are machined. I agree with you… Customized is different from custom.

Comment

They make them custom to your measurements, and don't have stock sizes to order. So that's a type of custom, but that's how all the ultralight (K005) chairs are. Tilite, quickie, top end. Then there are custom chairs that someone designs for you as opposed to just using your measurements. The icon isn't so much made to your measurements as I understand it. That's because it's made to be so adjustable and other chairs aren't. So the same size chair can be adjusted to fit many people without needing any different parts.

when it comes to the Q7 dealers have demo chairs. That's like a car dealer, they're there to help you decide which chair is right for you. Then you order it to your measurements.

I'm currently waiting for my Q7.
          Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by radio_buddha View Post
            There might be something lost in translation. Pretty sure that quickie frames are machined. I agree with you… Customized is different from custom.
            I remember someone here had said Quickie is a mass production.

Comment

Like Tilite ? Weld only when they received order? GTi as well ?

Like Oracing?

If so why it has stock at the dealer ?
              They are big difference between that three brands, Tilite and Oracing don`t built their frames in China.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                They are big difference between that three brands, Tilite and Oracing don`t built their frames in China.
                So Quickie does ?

Comment

Quickie and Invacare/top end.

I wanted a machined chair after five years of TI. They allow themselves 0.125 inch margin of error on welds.

That wouldn't be bad if they didn't compare their chairs builds to "NASA precision."

TI Lite is run by serial hypocrites.

Comment

I remember someone here had said Quickie is a mass production.
                    And it`s true, is a mass china production.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Lin View Post
                      They make them custom to your measurements, and don't have stock sizes to order. So that's a type of custom, but that's how all the ultralight (K005) chairs are. Tilite, quickie, top end. Then there are custom chairs that someone designs for you as opposed to just using your measurements. The icon isn't so much made to your measurements as I understand it. That's because it's made to be so adjustable and other chairs aren't. So the same size chair can be adjusted to fit many people without needing any different parts.

when it comes to the Q7 dealers have demo chairs. That's like a car dealer, they're there to help you decide which chair is right for you. Then you order it to your measurements.

I'm currently waiting for my Q7.
                      They are not for demo, they really put up price tag for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by radio_buddha View Post
                        Quickie and Invacare/top end.

I wanted a machined chair after five years of TI. They allow themselves 0.125 inch margin of error on welds.

That wouldn't be bad if they didn't compare their chairs builds to "NASA precision."

TI Lite is run by serial hypocrites.
                        Serial hypocrites? What do you mean?

If Quickie is machined chair, is that mean they actually weld all the size of chair width, and just modity the chair depth, when they received orders?

Comment

sowseng you have a nice good chair , I do like you pics I have the same chair
                          mine was custom fitted . made for me but I can bet the down tubes and stuff are pretty std it just makes sense yours is custom also ...

Being I ran a assy line yrs back in a factory We made all kinds of custom stuff but there were standard machine cnc setups etc...there was 3 welders and the rest was up to the specific order . After the std pieces were bent and all the tubes or metal peices went in bins and then as a specific order came in
                          the sky is the limit
                          granted I am talking back in 91 but now technology has come milestones but still same principles .
                          I would imagine a factory that makes wheelchairs do have pretty cmomon std bends the rest is up to the assy line or tech building whatever

Depending on a individuals specific measurments then the std pre bent Fabd parts are trimmed cut welded to the order ...Kind of like a muffler shop way

Some companies do hand make frames but that is extreme

Theres all kool types of welding love toto's piuctures Ty toto
                          I love Desighning this type of stuff I was cutting modifying my own chairs 20 yrs back
                          Some day i'll hopefully get back into factory assembly line work it is fun love it making custom products
                          Last edited by GL; 21 Dec 2011, 7:13 AM.

Comment

r
                            Originally posted by GL View Post
                            sowseng you have a nice good chair , I do like you pics I have the same chair
                            mine was custom fitted . made for me but I can bet the down tubes and stuff are pretty std it just makes sense yours is custom also ...

Being I ran a assy line yrs back in a factory We made all kinds of custom stuff but there were standard machine cnc setups etc...there was 3 welders and the rest was up to the specific order . After the std pieces were bent and all the tubes or metal peices went in bins and then as a specific order came in
                            the sky is the limit
                            granted I am talking back in 91 but now technology has come milestones but still same principles .
                            I would imagine a factory that makes wheelchairs do have pretty cmomon std bends the rest is up to the assy line or tech building whatever

Depending on a individuals specific measurments then the std pre bent Fabd parts are trimmed cut welded to the order ...Kind of like a muffler shop way

Theres all kool types of welding love toto's piuctures Ty toto
                            I love Desighning this type of stuff I was cutting modifying my own chairs 20 yrs back
                            Some day i'll hopefully get back into factory assembly line work it is fun love it making custom products
                            Wow, GL, thanks for your knowledge. I learn a lot from you.
                            Last edited by sowseng; 21 Dec 2011, 9:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
                              yep, a really custom chair born in a computer and after the computer print the plane for what to do with measurements in millimeters, exactly like the customer wants, all the rest called like you prefer: semi custom, etc.

Is very simple, a wheelchair order form where you have the measurements you have to choice is not a custom wheelchair.
                              Last edited by totoL1; 21 Dec 2011, 9:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X