Backup manual chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup manual chair

Hi all, I know this will not be an easy question to answer over the internet, but I’m looking for a manual wheelchair as a backup, primarily for travel if I am unable to use my power chair. I’m C4/5 complete, 6’4”. I would want a chair that would be able to accommodate a Personal Back. I would not be able to propel the chair myself, but I still want something lightweight. Suggestions?

I'm a C5 and use tilite aero z with a matrix backrest that provides some lateral support
    C5 as of 6-13- 2010

Comment

Are you looking for a basic "folding" chair or recliner, tilt etc?

Comment

just something basic

Comment

You might want to post this in the exchange forum. "Want to buy: Manual chair"

Post your measurements.

Comment

You can fit a personal back on any chair that has back canes. A basic $100 (hospital) chair will work.
            Invacare Trecer EX2 is what I would recommend if you are looking for least expensive.

Comment

landrover i sent you a private message

Comment

You might consider getting a folding frame chair, like the Quickie 2Lite, or one that is even lighter, like the TiLite wheelchairs that fold. Both of these have push handles as a option, so someone would still be able to push you around, but it would also be light enough to put in a car easily or for the other person to push for long periods of time.

Comment

Working...
                X