No announcement yet.

New ventilators -- thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Trilogy 100 vent and I use the carrying case on my chair. I attach the case by using ?S? hooks between the handle on the chair and the two grommets on the back of the case. I wrap a bungee cord around the case and hook it to the chair tie-downs to keep it from swinging around. Oddly, this configuration works pretty well.

I?m thinking of having either a nylon strap case or a metal case made specifically for the chair and vent. I'm sure it would be less expensive than what I've heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by StarLord View Post
      I have a Trilogy 100 vent and I use the carrying case on my chair. I attach the case by using ?S? hooks between the handle on the chair and the two grommets on the back of the case. I wrap a bungee cord around the case and hook it to the chair tie-downs to keep it from swinging around. Oddly, this configuration works pretty well.

I?m thinking of having either a nylon strap case or a metal case made specifically for the chair and vent. I'm sure it would be less expensive than what I've heard of.
      Thank you StarLord. Sorry for the delay, but somehow I did not see this reply when you sent it.

I recently got an in use carry bag from Respironics, and we attached it similarly to what you described above, except no bungee cord, or S-shaped hooks. We used two cable ties with each grommet (I'm not sure exactly what they attached to on my chair) and then strategically wrapped the shoulder strap around the push handles, just in case the cable ties were to break (they shouldn't, but it also gives the shoulder strap a place to go).

I like how it keeps the ventilator pretty snug to the lower back portion of my wheelchair, but it does shift a little bit when I tilt and/or recline. I can feel it shift behind me and the feeling is a tiny bit uncomfortable (like something begins to fall, but the safety strap catches it), but I know that it is secure, so... no worries. :-)
      Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Comment

Hey Bill:

Glad you found a way to make it work. I use the "S" hooks because it's easier to out on and take off. I noticed the swinging as well. That's why I use the bungee cord.

Comment

Thank you StarLord.

I still notice the swinging/shifting also. Maybe we will try to fasten a bungee cord. If we don't figure out a way, I might ask you for a picture – just a heads up! But, my caregivers can be pretty clever, so I think we'll figure something out. Thanks.
          Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Comment

Working...
          X