My GoShichi 4x4, ready for winter!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GoShichi 4x4, ready for winter!!!

This is my new truck. I believe it to be the best "outfitted for winter", wheelchair accessible truck on the planet. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....

Nice truck, good luck with it.

Comment

Awesome truck. Way to go. It encourages me as I am only 5 months in & have a GMC Sierra....thanks for helping me dream.
      Keep moving forward

Comment

Nice conversion, Imkitch. Mine should be getting to you soon. Question- Were you able to keep the original console or did you go with the aftermarket one?
        4xquad

Comment

Nice ride! nvus
          C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Even though I'm a Ford man I'm impressed with your GMC nice looking rig. Now for the rest of us who can only fantasize what was the total price tag?
            Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Comment

Nice truck.. Does this GMC have a different lift pan than your Chevy 4x4 ? I tried one at Ride-away in ME and my manual Top End Terminator chair would not even fit on the pan. The right front corner of the pan is cut off. What power chair are you using?

Comment

I love your truck!

I just picked up this truck and I hope to get your conversion next summer!

Comment

Baaaaaaaad aaaaaaaaaass
                  C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Thanks all. To answer a few questions:
                    It has original center console.
                    There is a cut out for 4x4, but if your front wheels are 24" or less, you will fit.
                    This truck is loaded on the inside also with leather, power heated seats, rear back up camera and Bose sound system, so the price break down $35k for chassis, $25k for conversion and I have another 10k in extras which includes: 8" suspension lift, 3" body lift and 37 x 13.50 off road tires and rims, westin bull bar and stainless steel roll bars. I am blown away with how well it handles and it is a blast to drive.

Comment

Nice truck Kitch... I just got DARS approval last week and I am working with Jerimiah on getting financing for the truck.

Got a nice Chevy Silverado Z71 4X4 picked out there at Kelley.

Comment

Nice setup but seeing this just made me start thinking again Do I want to go with a cool looking truck or a quick and easy minivan...hmmm Hopefully my buddy James will have his GoShichi that is being built now by the first of January to help me decide.
                        John-B

Comment

Originally posted by 490 View Post
                          Nice setup but seeing this just made me start thinking again Do I want to go with a cool looking truck or a quick and easy minivan...hmmm Hopefully my buddy James will have his GoShichi that is being built now by the first of January to help me decide.
                          For me, alot depends on if you use a manual or power chair. pc sits up taller and it can be more difficult to get up to the steering wheel. mc sits right but for me without my ZX1 I could never back onto the platform because it sits just above the ground. Luckily I have solved both issues with my pc and mc but it took some work. Personally I will have both van and truck one day. For now I love my truck and would not trade it for anything. It drives 10 times better than my minivan did.
                          Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
                          Pete C6/'97

Comment

What type of pc do you use? I have a c500 and having trouble being fitted for a truck.
                            Louie Gonzalez
                            C6 C7

Comment

I use a C500 lowrider. This picture was taken in my old C500 which had the front tippers. With them I was limited to the distance you see to the steering wheel. Now that I have a new C500 without tippers I need to find another truck to try.

IMG_3660 by showtm490, on Flickr
                              John-B

Comment

Working...
                              X