voice control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

voice control?

Assuming I could find a way to afford whatever it is, what can be used for voice control of things like TV, thermostat, even doors and other things? Does such a thing have to be run through the computer?

Thank you,
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Originally posted by alan View Post
    Assuming I could find a way to afford whatever it is, what can be used for voice control of things like TV, thermostat, even doors and other things? Does such a thing have to be run through the computer?

Thank you,
    Watch Extreme Home Makeover, Keefer Family. It is online, Keefer Family, Part 1 and Keefer Family, Part 2 at http://abc.go.com/shows/extreme-make...-edition/video. They remodeled a home for a quad and used a ton of voice only control because he didn't have the ability to move his arms. We were thrilled to see it and went to the website to the "Products Used On" section of the abc.com show site to find this:

Simply Home Technology for Independent Living: www.simply-home.com

was the primary designer of the voice controlled items in the house, which included a drinking fountain even!!

If you want to not watch the whole episode and just want to see the voice control in action, watch the last 20 or so mins of Keefer Family, Part 2.

We have already called that company, which is coincidentally based in the same state we are, so we may get an in-home demo/sales call. We were REALLY excited to see what was possible ... although what will be affordable will be another matter....
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll check it out.
      Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Working...
      X