My Frog Legs are creaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Frog Legs are creaking

Well one of my Frog Legs is creaking. Every turn and every time I put my hand on the aluminum tube. Could this be a sign of future breakage?
    Never Give Up!

What make / style chair do you have ?

I know my GT creeks but I ignore it

Comment

check the fork bolt. give your chair and over all check up and tighten the screws and bolts. as I have a gt someone gave me. and they said they couldn't get it to quit creeking. and all it was is all the bolts and screws needed to be tighten. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
        check the fork bolt. give your chair and over all check up and tighten the screws and bolts. as I have a gt someone gave me. and they said they couldn't get it to quit creeking. and all it was is all the bolts and screws needed to be tighten. I hope this helps.
        I will tighten the bolts first thing in the morning! I called Frog Legs today and a tech told me that it might the bushings are worn or he pivot pins are weak and need to be replaced. I'm going to buy Grade 8 bolts from the hardware store and replace them once I get the bushings from Frog Legs.
        Thanks!
        Never Give Up!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbleChef View Post
          I will tighten the bolts first thing in the morning! I called Frog Legs today and a tech told me that it might the bushings are worn or he pivot pins are weak and need to be replaced. I'm going to buy Grade 8 bolts from the hardware store and replace them once I get the bushings from Frog Legs.
          Thanks!
          did you get a qoute from froglegs for the parts? as they are very reasonable on thier prices.

Comment

Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
            did you get a qoute from froglegs for the parts? as they are very reasonable on thier prices.
            I bought the pivot pins a few months ago and they were over $20. They sent me new bushings for the upper block which get rid of the creaking.
            Never Give Up!

Comment

Working...
            X