Icon Wheelchairs is famous - acting debut on TV show "Nikita"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon Wheelchairs is famous - acting debut on TV show "Nikita"

We were approached a few months ago by the Canadian television show "Nikita", and asked if we could provide them with a wheelchair for a guest star playing a character with SCI.

Here's a screen shot of the preview video for the show - the episode airs on Friday the 7th of October at 8pm EST.

The preview trailer can be seen at:

http://watch.ctv.ca/clip535346#clip535346

The episode can be viewed online the day after it airs on ctv.ca - click on the "video" tab, then click on "Nikita".

I've seen the episode, and it's no spoiler to say that the chair really carries the show (or at least the actor).

I've seen it live on stage in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
      I've seen it live on stage in Vegas.
      Did you have to tuck a dollar bill into it's camber tube to get it's attention?
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I wouldn't put it past him...

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
          Did you have to tuck a dollar bill into it's camber tube to get it's attention?
          Nope. Got a free lap dance.

Comment

@SCI_OTR - Uh, not trying to start rumors or anything, but I heard it was the other way around - someone told me that it was you that was sitting in its lap.

Also, in Nikita, there's a scene where the chairs backside is prominently featured, for all'a y'all who didn't make it to Vegas.

Comment

error, can watch.
              Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Nikita is also available here, but I didn't find the clip with the Icon.
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                  Nikita is also available here, but I didn't find the clip with the Icon.
                  the CW says "new" shows, but they are usually a couple months behind release dates from Canada. My daughter watches Heartland all the time and it's always behind the Canadian releases she watches online.

Comment

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Niki...n_2/episode_3/
                    from saturday onwards... sowseng, it should work from outside north america.

Comment

Quite the chair Jeff!

The actor leaves the Icon behind when he flees in his pickup at 26:10. As he drives away, the Icon has clearly been abandoned and is seen slowly rolling downhill. Nikita gives chase on a dirt bike down a long winding road and eventually cuts him off. A couple of scenes later (28:23), he is seen outside the pickup back in the Icon! It must have picked up speed and rolled down the road to find him. The character goes on to become the unexpected hero of the episode.

At one point, Nikita says "It's not about the chair". If the Icon locates it's owner after they drive away from it in a vehicle, I'd say it really is all about the chair!

http://www.videoweed.es/file/5aa658239c198
                      Last edited by SCI_OTR; 8 Oct 2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

ADI has an experimental "homing device" that we're currently testing......for those times when you forget to load your Icon and drive away without it.

Good catch - I didn't notice the chair rolling away when we watched the episode.

I liked the "it's not about the chair" line when I heard it - reminded me of the Nike ads with Mars Blackmon and Michael Jordan - "Mars, it's not about the shoes".

Comment

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
                          ...I liked the "it's not about the chair" line when I heard it - reminded me of the Nike ads with Mars Blackmon and Michael Jordan - "Mars, it's not about the shoes".
                          Which, for some reason, reminds me of another quote I recently came across...
                          "You’re not going to not get a wheelchair because you think it’s bad. You’re f_ck_d. You’re buying one whether you like it or not."

Could this be the wheelchair people willingly buy because it's "bad" and they like it? Time will tell.
                          Last edited by SCI_OTR; 9 Oct 2011, 1:48 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]42299[/ATTACH]
                            Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Yet 2 minutes before sowseng's screen shot...

Comment

Working...
                              X