Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension chairs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suspension chairs

    As you know i`m not a big fan of suspension chairs, i think are something unnecessary for a daily use, is overweight that i don`t see necessary, but of course not everbody think like me, are guys who like them, that`s why Oracing have done their SX model, here are a few pics.
    Last edited by totoL1; 10-01-2011, 10:32 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
    As you know i`m not a big fun of suspension chairs, i think are something unnecessary for a daily use, is overweight that i don`t see necessary, but of course not everbody think like me, are guys who like them, that`s why Oracing have done their SX model, here are a few pics.
    i saw that on my FaceBook. i may be wrong but i would think the shock would be more effective attached and pointing in the direction of the rear of the chair. those ORacing chairs look awesome and hope to own one some day. i in fact love having a shock absorber mounted under my ass.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm an advocate of them! Have a (modified) Quickie XTR with 26" wheels and ("suspended") Frog Legs with 6" soft rolls.

      I need to get around well off-road. This chair allows me to get over stuff that used to "trip me up" without batting an eye. There is, of course, room for improvement! I have a new design with "corrected" suspension geometry drafted - just need to increase my fabrication capabiities so I can build it.

      I have found many benefits, as expected: Less stress on the "chair" means the screws stay tight (no creaking), spokes stay tight (even after going over rocks, down stairs, etc.), it's very smooth and comfortable, etc.

      I understand it can't be for everyone, because of the weight, etc. And there are some trade-offs (Everything has trade-offs).

      My dos centavos worth...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
        As you know i`m not a big fun of suspension chairs, i think are something unnecessary for a daily use, is overweight that i don`t see necessary, but of course not everbody think like me, are guys who like them, that`s why Oracing have done their SX model, here are a few pics.
        The Icon is way more appelling to me. I still stink the Icon is sexy

        Comment


        • #5
          looks almost like an xtr ripoff. Been using an xtr for 10 years and no way can I use a chair without suspension. You feel every little bump. Can't wait for my Icon to arrive so I can retire this heavy beast.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
            The Icon is way more appelling to me. I still stink the Icon is sexy
            Ain't NUTTIN' sexy 'bout XTR's... Except their drivers!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              That looks neat, I think. I agree, a bit like an XTR in design but probably much lighter and better made, I bet.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

              "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

              Comment


              • #8
                but the welds are so nice on the Oracing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
                  I still stink the Icon is sexy
                  The Icon may change how people think about wheelchairs, but I'm not quite seeing the relationship here.

                  (The relationship between one's scent and the aesthetic appeal of the Icon)
                  Last edited by SCI_OTR; 10-01-2011, 03:19 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yep, looks like the xtr, they quit making the xtr and now they replaced it with dual shocks, one on each side versus the mono shock, i love mine, but i use it to ride my hardtail framed harley and it makes it like a softtail, works great, if i jump in my 4 wheel drive i just jump in my titanium......

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
                      The Icon is way more appelling to me. I still stink the Icon is sexy
                      Buy one.
                      Of course all of us can`t have the same taste, but just having a look at it, only one word come to my mind, and is not sexy.

                      Of course is an excellent concept of chair, because you can adjust it, and because the desing of the chair let to the producters make the most money as possible, because they don`t need to do different frames, seats, front frames, etc.
                      They just buy to a big company STD pieces and adjust them for you, that`s all.

                      But again, for active guys who know what they want is not for them, is like if you say to Amstrong, hey!! you want an adjustable bike for do the France Tour? please....

                      I want to make clear that I don`t mean to offend anyone with my comments.

                      All the best for them.
                      Last edited by totoL1; 10-01-2011, 10:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Next week i will post a video where you can see how the suspension works.

                        Anyway i think for guys who lives in cities don`t worth suspension in their everyday chairs, but maybe once i try one i could change my mind, the only suspension chair i tried was a gtm and i didn`t like it.
                        But for handbikes could be really fine having a rear suspension for make our rides much more confortable, because in a tumb handbike you call feel everything of the road, so a rear suspension could be fine, maybe is the next.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BobMach View Post
                          i saw that on my FaceBook. i may be wrong but i would think the shock would be more effective attached and pointing in the direction of the rear of the chair. those ORacing chairs look awesome and hope to own one some day. i in fact love having a shock absorber mounted under my ass.
                          then your theory could be applied to this bikes, no?

                          keep looking at their facebook, great things are coming soon.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                            Next week i will post a video where you can see how the suspension works.

                            Anyway i think for guys who lives in cities don`t worth suspension in their everyday chairs, but maybe once i try one i could change my mind, the only suspension chair i tried was a gtm and i didn`t like it.
                            But for handbikes could be really fine having a rear suspension for make our rides much more confortable, because in a tumb handbike you call feel everything of the road, so a rear suspension could be fine, maybe is the next.
                            I have suspension on my chair and I live in the city. It is saving my ass for every curb I take, every step and cobblestone
                            TH 12, 43 years post

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                              I have suspension on my chair and I live in the city. It is saving my ass for every curb I take, every step and cobblestone
                              For that i`ve got my flexy seat.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X