Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people carry things like wallets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulite Deep Contour like this will be my next cushion, how is it on a solid pan
    Last edited by BobMach; 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
      I have been using a pouch that wraps around my back to carry things like a phone and a wallet but I am not happy about the strap around my back - how do other s carry things?
      I carry my wallet in a Quickie pouch under my chair. It's hard for me to get to - I don't lean forward very well but it's a safe place. No one can get under there without me noticing. I usually stay pretty aware of who's getting near my bag on the back of my chair and I reach around frequently to feel for the pouches being zipped.

I've put things in my front pockets - sometimes I just need to but it's pretty inconvenient. Can take forever to work something out of a pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
        Geez that's cool! Why didn't I think of that. I may have to see if I can make that. Man, not having bend down and reach would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by grommet View Post
          Geez that's cool! Why didn't I think of that. I may have to see if I can make that. Man, not having bend down and reach would be great.
          Assuming you have hand function, my buddy's mom got all excited "Dale needs one of those!" and he's says "what for I can't grab shit anyway".
          do some hunting on Sport-Aid there is lots of cheap alternatives. Ti-Lite makes a bag (or at least puts their logo on one) that hangs in that location. I like the fact it's part of the cushion because you can just rip off the cushion while getting in the car and you immediately have all your stuff. I alternate cushions, I use a Varilite Evolution and recently put a replacement cover - http://www.sportaid.com/stimulite-co...tom-cover.html - for the Supracor on it because I felt naked without that pocket. Also, I added a pic to my original post, shows my catch-all.. I'm gonna have to figure something similiar for my new box frame chair.

Comment

I'm gonna have to figure something similiar for my new box frame chair.
            It comes with a bag, even you could choice the measurements, tell Oracing to make it like you want, will be without any charge.

Comment

Here are some images of the simple storage devices on the chairs I've used, all from over the past few years and still in use.

The 2 primary ways I carry things are in a fanny pack holster slung between the front frame tubes, behind the knees...

...and a Case Logic side pouch strapped to the left down tube, here (It has my wallet and pocket knife clipped to it and my iphone is usually wedged into the open space above them.) :

On the M1 I use the same pouch at the front, around the transfer handles and a Lowpro camera bag on the back, when extra space is called for (different chairs but same pouches) :
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by offroaderswife View Post
                I use a cross body purse so that no one can rip it off of me. I carry my wallet and other girl stuff in it and then carry other supplies in the little bag under my chair.

That's what I do. The essential stuff I like to be on my lap in a handbag with a long strap that goes across my body. I have stuff in an underseat bag, and in a backpack on my chair, but less important stuff. I'd hate to transfer out of my chair and leave essential stuff in my chair bags.

Comment

I am currently using one of these:

camouflage ID holder

I have an ID on the outside and carry a small cardholder with money clip in the inside zippered portion.

Comment

Normally I am wearing those trousers with pocket on the thigh, it is good place to put my wallet.
                    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

DaleB you own two Marvel chairs?! Geez, I was jealous now I'm crying. Great looking chairs. Really looking forward to seeing the Icon.

Comment

Assuming you have hand function, my buddy's mom got all excited "Dale needs one of those!" and he's says "what for I can't grab shit anyway".
                        do some hunting on Sport-Aid there is lots of cheap alternatives. Ti-Lite makes a bag (or at least puts their logo on one) that hangs in that location. I like the fact it's part of the cushion because you can just rip off the cushion while getting in the car and you immediately have all your stuff. I alternate cushions, I use a Varilite Evolution and recently put a replacement cover - http://www.sportaid.com/stimulite-co...tom-cover.html - for the Supracor on it because I felt naked without that pocket. Also, I added a pic to my original post, shows my catch-all.. I'm gonna have to figure something similiar for my new box frame chair.
                        I checked it out at Sportaid. It looks like you can remove the bag from the cushion because it's held on with velcro, am I right?

Comment

I use a catch all

Comment

Originally posted by grommet View Post
                            DaleB you own two Marvel chairs?! Geez, I was jealous now I'm crying. Great looking chairs. Really looking forward to seeing the Icon.
                            No, no! When I said 'still in use' I meant the pouches. The grey M1 was an early model that I replaced with the blue one, which had some important design updates. I only ever had one at a time (and still have the blue one).
                            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                              No, no! When I said 'still in use' I meant the pouches. The grey M1 was an early model that I replaced with the blue one, which had some important design updates. I only ever had one at a time (and still have the blue one).
                              Well, you've owned two Marvel chairs and you have one now so, I am still very jealous :-)

Comment

I use a fanny pack rotated around to make a belly pack. My granddaughter calls it my purse.
                                Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                                T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Working...
                                X