Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icon Product Shots

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Icon Product Shots

    Here are the latest photos of the first full production Icon A1.










  • #2
    Congratulations on the roll out!

    Take that Lion's Den!!
    stephen@bike-on.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
      Congratulations on the roll out!

      Take that Lion's Den!!
      make that Dragons' Den.

      Comment


      • #4
        The whole animal kingdom can go take a leap.

        (Real and imagined animals alike)
        Last edited by JeffAdams; 09-10-2011, 03:58 PM. Reason: make it just a bit funnier

        Comment


        • #5
          sigh, black... guess i have to add a can of paint to my budget. that aside, it looks good! does the production model adjust in the same ways as the prototype?

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm still skeptical. Lets see a picture with a serial number to prove it!!

            What next? Tell me there is an optional front end that could allow it to go off road?

            Then tell me that with some slight modification, that same front end could allow the end user to carry 1-2 of those hand carried baskets on it so the end user could do their grocery shopping without struggling with a grocery cart?

            Then, you'll claim that a respected seating therapist discovered by using the prototype unsupervised in his hotel room that everything else being equal, increasing the wheelbase by about 3" provided better hand placement on the pushrims while holding a wheelie. and that this biomechanical advantage made it easier to perform wheelchair skills?

            Then, why not totally embellish the story and say you allowed that therapist to demonstrate his findings in front of other respected SCI therapists from around the country? To top it off, why not just say he did this using a prototype at the corner of a stage next to the podium where a mistake could have resulted in a 4 foot drop in 2 directions?

            BTW, I was at the Icon exhibit at ASCIP and the guy who was manning the booth looked nothing like you!

            Please, spare me! I'll believe it when I see it.

            Seriously, though, glad to see your up to posting.

            Comment


            • #7
              That looks sweet!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                I'm still skeptical. Lets see a picture with a serial number to prove it!!

                What next? Tell me there is an optional front end that could allow it to go off road?

                Then tell me that with some slight modification, that same front end could allow the end user to carry 1-2 of those hand carried baskets on it so the end user could do their grocery shopping without struggling with a grocery cart?

                Then, you'll claim that a respected seating therapist discovered by using the prototype unsupervised in his hotel room that everything else being equal, increasing the wheelbase by about 3" provided better hand placement on the pushrims while holding a wheelie. and that this biomechanical advantage made it easier to perform wheelchair skills?

                Then, why not totally embellish the story and say you allowed that therapist to demonstrate his findings in front of other respected SCI therapists from around the country? To top it off, why not just say he did this using a prototype at the corner of a stage next to the podium where a mistake could have resulted in a 4 foot drop in 2 directions?

                BTW, I was at the Icon exhibit at ASCIP and the guy who was manning the booth looked nothing like you!

                Please, spare me! I'll believe it when I see it.

                Seriously, though, glad to see your up to posting.
                Why the negativity mate? I understand you want to see to finished product but if someone is trying to be creative and improve (or at least expand) the options of chairs available to end users I'm all for it.

                I do wonder how useful the front end will be for transfers since there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put your hands except on the wheels.
                "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pretty sure he was kidding.

                  I don't like the design myself, it reminds me of my office work chair (non-wheelchair). But I think I'm in the small minority.
                  Originally posted by Covathalis View Post
                  Why the negativity mate? I understand you want to see to finished product but if someone is trying to be creative and improve (or at least expand) the options of chairs available to end users I'm all for it.

                  I do wonder how useful the front end will be for transfers since there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put your hands except on the wheels.
                  Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                  Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Covathalis View Post
                    Why the negativity mate? I understand you want to see to finished product but if someone is trying to be creative and improve (or at least expand) the options of chairs available to end users I'm all for it.

                    I do wonder how useful the front end will be for transfers since there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put your hands except on the wheels.
                    It's called sarcasm and my decision to provide a firsthand portrayal of actual events as fiction. It was a tongue in cheek response to similarly sounding posts made by a couple of other members in a recent thread. The actual events described in my post, however, actually took place.

                    I bet it was my use of the word "respected" in front of "seating therapist" that threw you off that I was actually referring to myself. My apologies.

                    But I digress, hence I derail a fairly historical thread...
                    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 09-10-2011, 05:43 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rdf View Post
                      Pretty sure he was kidding.

                      I don't like the design myself, it reminds me of my office work chair (non-wheelchair). But I think I'm in the small minority.
                      Aesthetics aside, what if your everyday chair could be quickly reconfigured to provide the same function, positioning, and comfort as your office chair?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                        I'm still skeptical. Lets see a picture with a serial number to prove it!!

                        Then, you'll claim that a respected seating therapist discovered by using the prototype unsupervised in his hotel room that everything else being equal, increasing the wheelbase by about 3" provided better hand placement on the pushrims while holding a wheelie. and that this biomechanical advantage made it easier to perform wheelchair skills?
                        I didn't say anything about the respected seating therapist who was given access to the prototype at ASCIP, because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

                        Glad you enjoyed your unsupervised "alone time" with the Icon.


                        @Covathalis
                        : the "upswept" front end is actually for transfers - both into the chair, and from the ground.

                        We'll also have transfer handles for those that need a bit more of a grab-point - they'll adjust in height and can be rotated also. This is a rendering of one:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
                          Glad you enjoyed your unsupervised "alone time" with the Icon.
                          I'm equally glad I survived my "all eyes are watching time" with the Icon. You may be able to drop 4 feet and stick the landing. I, however, would not.

                          What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but plausible deniability for an upstart manufacturer never hurts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe it could match function and positioning, but I get the most comfort sitting in my office chair. I don't think any wheelchair can match that, at least in my case. Part of it might be psychological. I do like the concept behind Jeff's chair, and wish him and his partner much luck.
                            Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                            Aesthetics aside, what if your everyday chair could be quickly reconfigured to provide the same function, positioning, and comfort as your office chair?
                            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              im having trouble visualizing how the transfer handles would look on an actual chair... would they not be very cumbersome, particularly if compared with transfer handles that poke out beneath the edges of the seat pan (like tennis chairs or whatever)?

                              this neatly dovetails with another question i was thinking about. are things like the removable armrests just conceptual or corporeal? im not certain that many people will fancy imagining them on their new icon, but im fairly certain i will need them on my next (still theoretical) chair.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X