• Show
Clear All

Quad hand-controls?

what do you use

looked at

monarch mark 1-A
    sure-grip MPD

anything else out there.

please be specific, my situation i i would need tri-pin's (no hand function)

any advice?

I'm not sure if you're talking about steering or braking/accelerating. Before I shot my upper body I was training with a suregrip and really liked it (and spinner knob). I haven't started again since my upper body injury, but I got these alternate steering recommendations:

· www.nobilityproductsdesign.com
    · www.emc-digi.com
    · Independent Driving Systems - IDS

Comment

Hi ThisGuy.

For the past 13 years, I drove with EMC egbII gas/brake. Cost $10k back then, today it costs $30k. I think that is unconscionable! I do not generally wish ill will on anyone, but that level of greed needs to be punished. I hope they go out of business. If they do not change their pricing, I am sure they will. This consumer voted with his wallet and went with a competing product - Sure Grip.

Just did a driver / ot assesment. It was easy and a fraction of the cost!

Comment

What exactly are you looking for? I'm a quad C5-6 and sure-grips work the best for me
        A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

For those that are using Sure Grips....... Any you that have a tri-pin mounted on them?? What are y'all using for turn signals?

For the op.....i've been using mpd 3700's for twenty-two years on the left side in full-size ford vans.

I'm about a week away from driving a 2011 silverado 2500hd. I'll be using
          Menox hand controls with a 3700 tri-pin mounted on top with rocker turn signal switches. but mounted on the right-side....it's going to take some getting use to..........

lance

Comment

Random,

It seems that an "m" rather than an "n" is needed as the first letter, after the first dot, in the first link provided in your post.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyCrip View Post
              Hi ThisGuy.

For the past 13 years, I drove with EMC egbII gas/brake. Cost $10k back then, today it costs $30k. I think that is unconscionable! I do not generally wish ill will on anyone, but that level of greed needs to be punished. I hope they go out of business. If they do not change their pricing, I am sure they will. This consumer voted with his wallet and went with a competing product - Sure Grip.

Just did a driver / ot assesment. It was easy and a fraction of the cost!
              I Agree. Stay away from EMC if possible. Way too expensive, it needs to be serviced every 500 hrs then at 1500 hrs sent back to EMC, which is a fortune. Just did the same thing. Ripped out all EMC equipment and going MPD. I would never recommend EMC.

Comment

Originally posted by lance30276 View Post
                For those that are using Sure Grips....... Any you that have a tri-pin mounted on them?? What are y'all using for turn signals?
                I don't use a tri-pin, for me it it gets in my way. I use the blinkers, what are you using?
                A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
                  I don't use a tri-pin, for me it it gets in my way. I use the blinkers, what are you using?
                  I've been using mpd 3700's for the last 22 years, in my new truck i've got menox hand controls with a mpd 3700 tri-pin mounted on top with turn signals mounted in the tri-pin...........

Comment

I have a digitone for my turn signals, wipers, etc. but i usually just use the stock equipment.

Comment

I am a quad and tested the Sure-Grips. My left hand works fine but does not open very fast. I was not really comfortable driving with these. I ended up with MPD and a spinner on the steering wheel.

Good luck with your choice.
                      Millard
                      ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                      X