Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you tell me the fastest chair out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S

Damn 8.5 I'll check that out.Thanks Mac85. Zoom Zoom!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnslinger8 View Post
      Damn 8.5 I'll check that out.Thanks Mac85. Zoom Zoom!
      sure the chair is a little tippy so you can do wheelies
      here is a lil demo
      C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

Agree on talking to the city/town to lengthen the light. We did that here recently in front of an elementary school because the kids on bikes and squirrely 6 year olds couldn't get across fast enough with the light timings. They increased the lengthen that its red and while not perfect, its much improved.
        Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

I need a new wheelchair to cross the intersection to college.I don't use a recliner. Gunnslinger8
          Hello Gary,

I use an Invacare TDX-SP. I can get 7.5 miles per hour with it. It will get stuck in sand as it'll spin the tires. You can go to their website and view a video about it and it WILL perform as the video shows. On side walks with sizable cracks, it is a little rough but I have no problem at all with it.

Good luck.
          Millard
          ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Comment

Thanks zillazangel.Mac85 when I first watched the beginning,I thought that is just as slow as my chair,then that thing kicked in high gear, and I said Oh Yeah!Hey man that is the perfect size and all,but does it come with a foot rest in one piece that folds down?
            Perfect demo that's one of the reasons I'm glad about these sites.I try to tell these other people out here to log on,but they don't listen oh well there loss. Thanks Mac!!!!!!!! GS8

Comment

Thanks Millard,will check that one too...now I have some options,but you guys know the bad thing is that it takes forever to get it,by that time I'll already have my degree.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Millard View Post
                Hello Gary,

I use an Invacare TDX-SP. I can get 7.5 miles per hour with it. It will get stuck in sand as it'll spin the tires. You can go to their website and view a video about it and it WILL perform as the video shows. On side walks with sizable cracks, it is a little rough but I have no problem at all with it.

Good luck.
                my buddy has 1 n h8s it

Comment

Thanks zillazangel.Mac85 when I first watched the beginning,I thought that is just as slow as my chair,then that thing kicked in high gear, and I said Oh Yeah!Hey man that is the perfect size and all,but does it come with a foot rest in one piece that folds down?
                  Perfect demo that's one of the reasons I'm glad about these sites.I try to tell these other people out here to log on,but they don't listen oh well there loss. Thanks Mac!!!!!!!! GS8
                  no they come in swing away 90 or 70 degree, most power come like that

Comment

I have a Q6000Z which gets up and goes. Are you looking for legrests similar to these?

I like this design for legrests. It's probably an option for chairs without power tilt or recline.

Comment

q6000z is A TANK

Comment

i tried one of the q6000z it wouldnt pull a greasy rag out of a rats ass

Comment

You guys are cool with me! ( big help )

doingtimeonmyass,Damn I thought I had a long name,those are the exactly like I have,except no calf rests.I like the folding ones,I know you do too.That chair brings back great and terrible memories,one of my best friends had that exact same one before she passed ( sorry for being a downer ) it just took me back is all.Let's move on!Mac85 is right it is a tank,and pretty fast too.D.T.O.M.A my chair has folding down foot rest.Macs chair looks like mine except f.r.I talked to wheelchair repair guy yesterday,he said something about Pride. Gunnslinger8 PS that chair reclines really far back,would scare me,but she told me back then it was for pressure release.

Comment

Check out http://www.wheelchairs.com, whether you want an old-school "Big Bounder" or new-school "H-Frame" they have the fastest chairs on the market. I am planning on getting an H-Frame with suspension and recline as my next chair, expensive and heavy, but MADE IN USA, fast, and nearly indestructible according to user reviews and guys I've talked to who use them.
                            http://about.me/joshuawinkler

Comment

There are some crazy looking chairs on that site!cool too!I don't want something fancy just fast and reliable.I see some I like,but wrong foot rests.I forgot to say,I use a manual at home.I'm going to get another one off the tell and sell.Do you have the same problem...the seat,the screws popped out ( broke ) can't get them out there flush against the frame.Tell me I'm not the only one.My friends are going to get that driver set that takes out broken screws,they want to put new holes in there( screws )it's old so I think that is better.I feel slumped down in this broken chair,put extra towels down.

Comment

I sure as hell wouldn't want to drive 11 miles an hour in a power wheelchair with front casters. The chair could possibly flip over and would be very difficult to drive if it didn't shake you to death first.
                                C 5/6 Comp.
                                No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X