Braswell GoShichi truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braswell GoShichi truck

The modification to the inside works but it did not turn out as pretty as I had hoped. It gave me 2" extra inches forward and 2" to the right. It was hot and getting late towards the end and the plastic cut out got sloppy and we didn't have a matching piece of treadplate. You can see in one pic where we reversed the front caster mounts on a 16" wide, 10.5" footplate ZR 2 to gain a few inches. My 17" wide, 11" footplate AeroZ 2 that has a stock frame fits fine after the modification because the front wheels came more swooped backwards than my ZR2 did. I will post pics of the seat belt override too. I have to use a seat belt extender but when it is clicked in the truck thinks the seat belt is in use and will not let the door open. Its a good safety feature but I cannot use the seatbelt in the stock location.

This is a 2WD truck.

http://gallery.me.com/braswellf5
    Last edited by BRASWELLF5; 27 Jul 2011, 7:36 PM.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Pete, how do we check out your pics?
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

What happens when you click the link? Try it now.
      Last edited by BRASWELLF5; 25 Jul 2011, 11:32 AM.
      Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
      Pete C6/'97

Comment

Asks for a sign in.
        C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

try it now
          Pete C6/'97

Comment

It works

Comment

Pete, as an avid race fan for most my life, I didn't realize that is how your injury occurred nor had I heard of it. I assume you have followed Shae Hmeil's accident?

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                Pete, as an avid race fan for most my life, I didn't realize that is how your injury occurred nor had I heard of it. I assume you have followed Shae Hmeil's accident?
                Yes, I heard of it. I am guessing he was wearing a HANS device, I don't know. I heard it was pretty bad.
                Pete C6/'97

Comment

I assume he was too, but he rolled up on two wheels and then went full force with cage into the wall, i.e. his head straight into the wall.

Comment

Looks good Pete. I know they say a powerchair works fine but it sure looks like it would be a tight squeeze every time. What are your thoughts?
                    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEye View Post
                      Looks good Pete. I know they say a powerchair works fine but it sure looks like it would be a tight squeeze every time. What are your thoughts?
                      With my Quickie 646 I can get in and close the door but cannot move an inch then. You will be a mile away from the steering wheel, shifter and hand controls. Now the steering wheel extension was real small, a round piece of billet aluminum, so it wasn't that bad. They have to send the entire steering off to have it done though. I just cannot see how it will work. Maybe someone with a power chair will post pics of their setup. Its all lined out now and I really like having a truck. Me and my dog can go again.

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                      I assume he was too, but he rolled up on two wheels and then went full force with cage into the wall, i.e. his head straight into the wall.
                      I got hurt because we did not have full containment seats back then. I got spun around and hit the wall on the left side where there was no head support. I told everybody to put a head support on the left side but only one of my racing buds listened. Ironically one broke his neck and suffocated in the car in Florida Speedweeks a couple of years later. It took Earnhart getting killed before the rest of the racing world took notice. I have also been telling everybody to put a top fuel dragster type of roll cage over the drivers compartment. A front tire will easily fit in the hole like it is. If somebody is laying on their side and anothers front wheel hits just right on top of the cage it would be disastrous.
                      Pete C6/'97

Comment

I have a question if you dont mind answering, i was interested in getting one of the Goshichi trucks. Just curious to see how i would pay for one
                        Was your truck and conversion financed by them, like any other vehicle or did you have to go to outside sources such as your own?

Comment

I bought the truck through them from Kelly Chevrolet to save $950 on shipping a truck to them. It is financed through Ally from Chevrolet. The conversion I paid for myself costing $23,000. The truck is D.A.R.S. approved so being in Texas you can go through them to pay for the conversion.
                          Pete C6/'97

Comment

Thanks very much for the pictures Braswell. This is little concerning. I was getting pretty sure one of these would be my next truck but if you're having trouble getting close in a 16" manual chair what hope do I have with a 20" invacare tdx?

I wouldn't be against taking the foot rests off the chair before I ran the door in, do you think that would make the difference?

Any chance we could get some shots of you in the truck, your castors and feet while in the driving position especially?

Comment

Nevermind, I see there's exactly the kind of shot I was asking for!

Comment

Working...
                              X