No announcement yet.

Braswell GoShichi truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess i do have a gripe about the truck. The undercoating needs to be optional, I had no idea it was coming on my truck. I might can see it if I lived up north and I would be out in the salt on the snowy roads. The stuff is like tar and gets on everything! You can scrape it off with your hand. Plus, when they sprayed my truck they oversprayed that stuff all over my tailgate and right quarterpanel. I am still trying to get all of it off! I would not get this.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Comment

Started a new project, stay tuned. Got the sawzall out.
      Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
      Pete C6/'97

Comment

........definately have my attention

Comment

Pete- I've found your postings on the GoShichi conversion very helpful. Mine has been slowed due to damage done being done on the way here before even shipping to Indiana (long story!!). I'll probably be picking your brain for advice as the process evolves. My first question- who applied the undercoat- factory, dealer, or GoShichi? Thanks- Phil
          4xquad

Comment

Originally posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
            Started a new project, stay tuned. Got the sawzall out.
            whatever it is, I approve.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Bishop View Post
              My first question- who applied the undercoat- factory, dealer, or GoShichi? Thanks- Phil
              GoShichi had it done. I hate it. It is nasty to work around and got overspray on my tailgate and right quarter panel. We don't have the salty roads in the south during the winters and I had no idea it was being applied. Opt out.
              Pete C6/'97

Comment

If you're still sawing I expect all that's left of your truck is a few peices of black tin on the shop floor.

Comment

Lol. Getting a new footplate made now. Its minor operation but I think you will do the same.
                  Pete C6/'97

Comment

Zaphod, I had this in mind for you since I thought you said something about using a pc with the truck. The mc with ZX1 works good as long as your on concrete but if I get out on uneven ground the ZX1 gets stuck backing back up the platform since its already sits above ground level. Plus mc suck when off road like at the river or cabin we go to. After getting stuck a couple of times I said I have to be able to drive from my pc when I go off road sometimes. In town, at restaurants, at office etc. I use my manual but other places calls for a pc.

First is to cut off the push handles because they hit. Next was to make a new footplate that is angled in so I can clear the center hump and roll up to wheel. The problem I ran into next was that I sit way to high in the quickie 626 w/ tilt, my head about hits the roof. I got my hands on another 626 so I am going to try and make a seating system that sits a lot lower.

Click on Power Chairs. I still have to sand and paint it too.
                    http://gallery.me.com/braswellf5
                    Pete C6/'97

Comment

Originally posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
                      GoShichi had it done. I hate it. It is nasty to work around and got overspray on my tailgate and right quarter panel. We don't have the salty roads in the south during the winters and I had no idea it was being applied. Opt out.
                      thats used to hide bad craftsmanship !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't see any bad craftsmanship . I sure wish I had the fabrication resources you seem to have Braswell,. I'm thinking you could have just bought the truck and a body lift kit and come up with something that would work as well or better than a goshichi.

Comment

What's your stf height in your pc?
                          Did you get something worked out with the steering?

Comment

i'm talking about why people use undercoating from the original fabricator ... not braswell's work. the original fabrication, or it could be to coat the virgin material and welded joints....... without prime n paint .... but with my exp. remove the undercoat and there might be some UGLY there .....

Comment

Originally posted by lance30276 View Post
                              What's your stf height in your pc?
                              Did you get something worked out with the steering?
                              STF is 18.5" or 19".
                              I got 50% reduced steering, it is all good now.

From the guys who have been under my truck, nobody has ever said anything about bad craftsmanship. On the outside all welds are nice and rounded off smooth, pretty nice work. The only thing I wish is that they would go ahead and relocate the fuel lines when they have the floor cut out. That is what is causing the limited interior space. If they were out of the way any chair would fit easily and roll right up to the wheel.

I tilted my back angle back one notch on my pc and it fit a lot better inside to give me more head room. I believe my 626 pc will be ok to drive from when I need it. We just have to massage on the hand controls because my knee hits and make a loop on the bottom of my footplate to catch my bracket. I hope so anyway, not looking forward to another project.
                              Pete C6/'97

Comment

Best reason why to ditch mini van and get a truck, to land this! Thanks GoShichi. lol
                                Pete C6/'97

Comment

Working...
                                X